Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have very little room for a airfilter. So any suggestions on what may work, would be greatly appreciated. It's a Precision pt88-47 it has a 4in od. Thanks again.

It's a 85 gt , so it's a 4 eye. I was thinking about leaving the two inner lights out and just run a two way bulb in the outer lights. I just don't know how to go about it , because the bulbs are glass and sealed. Does anyone know if somebody makes plastic lights for this year?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Im pretty happy with my AFE 5.5" inlet air filter I just got from summit. They make a bunch of different sizes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! Has anyone used the hks mushroom filters?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Subscribing....Just like to keep tabs on ya ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Trav, what about moving the low beams to the outside, fab'ing a grated plate (to allow air to pass through) where the lows used to be. Should give you more room to squeeze a large cone filter in there. Then just get some bright ass HELLA lights for the high's mounted in the original fog light location?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trav, what about moving the low beams to the outside, fab'ing a grated plate (to allow air to pass through) where the lows used to be. Should give you more room to squeeze a large cone filter in there. Then just get some bright ass HELLA lights for the high's mounted in the original fog light location?
Never thought about using the fog lights like that. Good idea. I was gonna leave them out for more airflow. I'm a little worried about the car getting hot on the street. I think I am just gonna run low beams on the outer lights and keep the inners out , then I'll have clearance for a airfilter and it will allow cool air directly to the turbo. I just don't feel like changing the headlight harness. So I was just seeing if there is a way to put my two way bulbs into the 85 lights. Problem is they are glass and sealed. If I can find plastic ones I can just cut a hole in the back and rig Something up to hold the bulb in there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone ever use the hks mushroom filters? Just dont have the room for a reg cone style filter. I only plan on using the filter on the street and remove it for the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts