Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The people who run the automotive supply chain own a lot of this. For decades they have treated their suppliers like garbage, and now those suppliers have other, higher margin, customers who can eat up all of their capacity. Who would you rather sell to, some total asshole customer who always bitches about EVERYTHING and demands you almost put yourself out of business to supply them, and who is constantly pulling in and pushing out orders because they can, or somebody who is waving cash in your face at asking price and agrees to your standard T&Cs and lead times and doesn't expect you to sit on millions of dollars of inventory for "reasons" ? Auto mfgs have been warned for years this would happen, that as technologies converge the non "automotive specific" component suppliers would push them down the list. They didn't believe it but now it is happening and they are acting like they didnt see it coming. Toyota bought up plenty of stock ahead of this.. the others think they can still bully the suppliers but those days are over.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Get ready for price increase

Already started.

Used truck prices are up 15 % in the last 2 weeks.

In fact, in addition to the chip issues, the whole covid deal has made the used car market prices to go up.
In KY, certain model used vehicles are having their assessed value ( for annual tax purposes) increased by the motor vehicle departments.

·
Registered
558 Posts
All around Louisville , KY Ford is (once again) storing Super Duty pickups in large lots.
This is KY Speedway off of I-71 right now

·
Registered
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow just think of the hit they going to have with delay in sales. What a screw up. But hey. Lets rely on this computerized bullshit. Are we actually gaining? Im having hard time believing.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have been wanting to buy a new diesel Ram 3/4 ton for a couple months now but just didn't want to pay what they are asking. I kept waiting for the stimulus and tax money to dry up so prices would come down some. Looked online today at our local Ram dealer and their internet price' is now $4,800 HIGHER than the MSRP. Figure I will just keep what I have for another year or so until this bubble pops.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
have my f150 on order since February. dealer has zero clue when I'll get it. at this rate I'll probably get a 2022 instead of the '21

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
The people who run the automotive supply chain own a lot of this. For decades they have treated their suppliers like garbage, and now those suppliers have other, higher margin, customers who can eat up all of their capacity. Who would you rather sell to, some total asshole customer who always bitches about EVERYTHING and demands you almost put yourself out of business to supply them, and who is constantly pulling in and pushing out orders because they can, or somebody who is waving cash in your face at asking price and agrees to your standard T&Cs and lead times and doesn't expect you to sit on millions of dollars of inventory for "reasons" ? Auto mfgs have been warned for years this would happen, that as technologies converge the non "automotive specific" component suppliers would push them down the list. They didn't believe it but now it is happening and they are acting like they didnt see it coming. Toyota bought up plenty of stock ahead of this.. the others think they can still bully the suppliers but those days are over.
This is so true^^. I hear so many horror stories from my customers who do work for the auto companies. The worst one is they dont get paid for their work for 1 year AFTER the goods are delivered. After all the bullshit they go thru with delays and delays on new programs. Then, when finally released, they want them to build the products in mostly impossible timelines, then engineering changes with more impossible timelines. Finally, when all that is complete, they dont get paid a nickle for a full YEAR. I'm talkiing multi-million dollar programs too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Price INCREASE?? i would think due to overflowing inventory the prices will go down just to move them off the lot.They aint making nothing sitting there, fuk if i would pay higher so they can try to recoup lost profit....screw em

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
It is not just a shortage for the car computers. Home electronics and digital devices are all feeling the pain from a lack of chips they need.

·
Satans Daddy
17,164 Posts
Get ready for price increase
Already happening, particulary with used trucks/cars.
Last year around this time my 14 SC 4x4 Platinum was showing 27k on nada, 3 weeks ago it showed 32k, which is what I paid 6 years ago for it. Checked it Monday, $34,750

·
Satans Daddy
17,164 Posts
Damn, just checked it again. :rolleyes:

Rough Trade-In
Average Trade-In
Clean Trade-In
Clean Retail
Base Price
$25,300
$27,050
$28,500
$32,575
Mileage (70,000)
$1,550
$1,550
$1,550
$1,550
Total Base Price
$26,850
$28,600
$30,050
$34,125
Options (change)

Winch
$250
$250
$250
$275

Power Sunroof
$325
$325
$325
$375

Power Passenger Seat
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

3.5L V6 EcoBoost Engine
$500
$500
$500
$550

Towing/Camper Pkg
$275
$275
$275
$300

Locking/Limited Slip Differential
$100
$100
$100
$125
Price + Options
$28,300
$30,050
$31,500
$35,750

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here's a link to the trucks I was mentioning that are priced higher than MSRP.

Their sales manager emailed me earlier today asking if anyone from their sales team had been in touch with me over either of their trucks. I replied back that they had but after seeing the inflated price I wasn't interested. Here is is his response.

You spoke with one of my sales people named Richard. I was just making sure he had been in touch with you.
I know that there was some equipment that has been added to the trucks, but I understand if they are not in the
range you are looking for. If you have any questions in the future, I will be happy to answer them for you.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,550 Posts
My company just bought one of the last M2-106 Freightliners in New England last week. Dealer said they probably won't see another one until February 2022. No Pete's or KW's in the class here either. It's the Alison trans PTO's that are backordered. We've been looking for a good pre-owned Oil Truck for almost a year. Nothing except overpriced junk available.

It's at Connecticut Tank getting a TransTank package put on now. 67K for that. Ouch.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts