Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasted a lot of time and money going to MIR today for their street racing made safe event. They dont post the rules for this event.. What a joke that was/is.. First off the clock didn't work...You didn't get a time slip... You wasn't allowed to do a water/wet burnout (dry only). Who does DRY burnout??? No one was allowed on the track at all. (NO crew members at all). When I found all this out I loaded my car back up and left. I was refused a refund. I never made a pass I refuse to race in those kind of conditions..

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it not called "street racing made safe" i would guess that means street conditions on a controlled track, sounds legit to me.
I street raced for many years... Since when do you not do a water burnout or a crew guy put you in the groove.. I'm sure its fine for slow car but that doesn't fly for single digit cars..

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Most "street racing" isn't done by single digit cars, it's done by cheap junk or a parents car. This event I'm sure was. Outlay for people wanting to see what their car can do, not pro racers.
I'm aware there are huge money races all over, I just don't think that's what this event was about is all.
They should have posted the rules though, that's kinda dumb they didn't.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most "street racing" isn't done by single digit cars, it's done by cheap junk or a parents car. This event I'm sure was. Outlay for people wanting to see what their car can do, not pro racers.
I'm aware there are huge money races all over, I just don't think that's what this event was about is all.
They should have posted the rules though, that's kinda dumb they didn't.
If the rules would of been posted I wouldn't of wasted my time, but there probably not post for this (no refund) reason....

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Lol rules for what? Its a race basicly for people to keep their junk from racing on the streets. Who are you going to rant at ?? Jason is not there no more. IHRA runs the track now with ownership from IRGSE that runs these events, maybe you should contact them. LOL

You're not going to get nowhere here on the Bullet with this senseless rant.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Is it not called "street racing made safe" i would guess that means street conditions on a controlled track, sounds legit to me.
I completely missed this post but it is spot on. Its supposed to be a type of race with street conditions only in a safe area. Guess some people can't seem to comprehend that.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You sound like a person that doesnt own a car to race... What track doesnt allow a you to do a WATER/WET burnout or someone on the starting line? How about a street race that does the same??? Sounds real fucking safe...:rolleyes:

With this thread maybe a real racer will read it and steer clear of this event...

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
While I hate to knock something done by MDIR (since they so a whole bunch of good stuff) but in this time (Still waiting on evidence of the 10hp per inch claim from the other thread ;)) I would agree with NONVTEC.

Post any rules that are outside the norm don't cause people to waste a day and hundreds of dollars and then inform them.

We had a similar deal on the Friday night street races years ago in the MIR days, we all took off work and loaded up and made the long ass drive in rush hour only to find we could not make a test hit due to rules that were not published.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
You sound like a person that doesnt own a car to race... What track doesnt allow a you to do a WATER/WET burnout or someone on the starting line? How about a street race that does the same??? Sounds real fucking safe...:rolleyes:

With this thread maybe a real racer will read it and steer clear of this event...
I own 3 cars and often run midnight madness and actually won 2 of those races. But no i'm probably not a big baller like you lol.

No use in calling Jason since he has nothing to do with MDIR day to day operations anymore and it has been like that for 3 years now. Fact

But keep lelling out at the clouds with no one hearing you ha ha

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
While I hate to knock something done by MDIR (since they so a whole bunch of good stuff) but in this time (Still waiting on evidence of the 10hp per inch claim from the other thread ;)) I would agree with NONVTEC.

Post any rules that are outside the norm don't cause people to waste a day and hundreds of dollars and then inform them.

We had a similar deal on the Friday night street races years ago in the MIR days, we all took off work and loaded up and made the long ass drive in rush hour only to find we could not make a test hit due to rules that were not published.
You need to contact Royce Miller or Rick Linder and they're not coming here.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Apparently you're incapable of doing a dry burnout and staging the car by your self? Or do all single digit cars need crew guys to help? Unsafe is one thing but to complain about not having a guy stage you is comical.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I own 3 cars and often run midnight madness and actually won 2 of those races. But no i'm probably not a big baller like you lol.

No use in calling Jason since he has nothing to do with MDIR day to day operations anymore and it has been like that for 3 years now. Fact

But keep lelling out at the clouds with no one hearing you ha ha
Wow 2 whole races... :rolleyes: good for you. :smt102

You really are that fucking stupid...

It seems that I'm not the ONLY one that has an issue with lack of clarity of posted rules...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apparently you're incapable of doing a dry burnout and staging the car by your self? Or do all single digit cars need crew guys to help? Unsafe is one thing but to complain about not having a guy stage you is comical.
Another clueless jackass..
I said "groove" not staging... Reading comprehension alludes you. When the track has bald spots and a narrow to no groove on a small tire...

Dry burnouts with a tight converter turbo radial car is just unneeded abuse of trans and tires...

I watched MANY cars STRUGGLE that day.

It was no need for me to abuse my equipment or race in unsafe conditions...

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
You need to contact Royce Miller or Rick Linder and they're not coming here.
Well aware of that, I am just commenting on the thread.

But quick question why would I contact Royce or Rick on something that happened at Midnight Madness many years ago that I already talked to Royce about face to face when it happened?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well aware of that, I am just commenting on the thread.

But quick question why would I contact Royce or Rick on something that happened at Midnight Madness many years ago that I already talked to Royce about face to face when it happened?
He just wants to put his useless $.02 in.

I'm guessing he's the gay super hero that feels he needs to take up for them..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts