Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of doing a cam up grade from standard to 55mm the engine is a sbf , d3 heads ,callies magnum, oliver rods, sheetmetal.
i would like to know if the upgrade would be ok to keep as a wet sump set up or would i have to go dry sump.
I have been told by some engine buliders its better i go the dry sump set up, i dont understand why i cant keep it as a wet sump set up. Any info would be helpfull

·
Registered
375 Posts
The only real downside to a dry sump system is the additional cost and the plumbing associated with it. If you have the $$, I say go for it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
done my homework today and i think dry sump is the way to go.
Great oiling system.
Priming it is a pain!!!
Just added and Canto Accusump to my system that I use in manual mode to prime the motor...not so bad any more.

Good luck!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Great oiling system.
Priming it is a pain!!!
Just added and Canto Accusump to my system that I use in manual mode to prime the motor...not so bad any more.

Good luck!
I guess it depends on how much space you have, but I found priming my dry sump engine very easy. Pull the belt and use a drill with a different belt and a pulley chucked into the drill. I always pre-heated my oil before running (circle track) and primed the pump.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
priminig is pretty easy as well even in tight quarters if you have the right tools, I found a felxible 12" extension made of sprial round steel that goes on the end of my drill and a 7/16 socket on the end of it to turn the pump works great with our 4" of clearance from the water tank to the front of the pump.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Great oiling system.
Priming it is a pain!!!

Good luck!
I just bought the new drill priming system from peterson its AWESOME!!Ck it out on there web site.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Most the time if the car sits for a couple weeks or better we tell people to prime them just to get any oil that's drained into the pan back up to the tank and to obviously pre-lube everything. Most guys just do it after they unload it from the trailer before they go to tech, at least that's what I've always done if the car sits for an extended period of time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts