Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
painted my car last may and didnt have time to sand and polish the car until now. Is it too late or will it still sand and buff up fine?? It has very minimal orange peel i wanna get rid of

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
I know there is 2 different hardeners for 2021,dcx9 and dcx61 I believe,don't hold me to those numbers,I don't use ppg often,with the dcx9 that stuff really gets really hard,you might be alright if you used the dcx61

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used 2021 clear with the 61 hardener on my car about a year and half ago. I just buffed it last month and it buffed fine and very easy.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Alot of time, it is more preferable to wait awhile and wet sand- buff, lets the paint vent all the solvents....gets hard and USUALLY almost everytime
they will Buff easier...........keep that paper WET--CLEAN....... and have fun, you'll be fine

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
The only PPG clear thats hard to sand is the cerami clear that is scratch resistant. It doesn't matter when you sand it but it's easier in the first day of painting. All i use is 2021 or 2002 PPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its never to late for a cut and buff unless the finish is gone. ppg 2021 is a really good clear and it requires 2 coats. I usually spray a couple extra when I know im going to wet sand. So be carefull and keep the surface wet.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts