Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the big switch to fuelie and I already have IS annular nozzels 2 stages. I feel that once I tune the car with the nitrous it will be easier to tune the car when it comes to jet changes. I know dry system it alot cleaner less plumbing and so on.
What should I do wet or dry

·
Registered
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now is there an easy way to figure percentage wise how much fuel to add for the amount of nitrous I want to use

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Oh and can I use one nozzel and use the fuel side as a second stage for nitrous

That's what most do. Use the fuel side for the smaller kit on most nozzels Steve can tell you more about his.

As far as percent, you will tune the systems by the jet you have for each stage. For each stage most will use pound per hour of fuel added (or total pph for spray and engine) to tune with instead of percent.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess with a dry system I can't use the launcher to progress the nitrous cause as soon as I change the curve the fuel map well get affected

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
If you go with Holley EFI, the "Launcher" is built into the ECU, as "dry progressive" is an option in the box. As far as the tunes, the BEST way to do it, is to have your systems flowed and get the lb/hr numbers of nitrous, that the system flows. Then you just decide on the N/F ratio you want to run and add the proper lb/hr of fuel to achieve that ratio. All fuel tables in the Holley are in lb/hr.

If you have an Annular nozzle, you just put nitrous down both sides of the nozzle for a dry kit, 2 stage. That does not work well on most 90* nozzles however. About the only 90* nozzle I have seen work pretty good in a dry application, as a two stage nozzle, is the NOS "A" nozzle, the original fogger nozzle. Soft plume type nozzles, or any cone type nozzle don't work well

Monte

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Monte I will look into the Holley efi is there away I can download the software just so I can get familiar with it before I buy. Also I looked up Holley efi last week and there are so many choices to make could I just get a parts list so I can order it threw my speed shop
Sorry just all the efi parts that they list makes no sence to me I just need the part numbers so I can order what I need

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Best thing to do, is go to the Holley website and download the software and just play around with it. The two boxes that suit your needs, will be the "HP" or the "Dominator". Both are basically the same box, with the same software, the "Dominator" just does more and has more inputs and outputs, if you need them. If you want two widebands, you have to get the "Dominator" as well. I can get anything you need Holley based, as well as do the intake conversion for you. Am also a Weldon dealer, as a fuel system upgrade will be required.

Monte

·
Trevor Stripling
1,510 Posts
Can you do eight O2s with the dominator?

·
Trevor Stripling
1,510 Posts
You can set it up to read 8 sensors, but it only corrects off two at this time. We run one in each collector

Monte
Check your email.

Trevor

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks guys, I already have a killer belt driven pump the areomotive good for 1800hp
the dominantor is what i was looking at but there are so many peices I need like the wire harness, thottle body, sensors and so on im lost when it comes to fuelie

·
Registered
967 Posts
Do not let it scare you it is realy simple. Pick a ECU of youre choice or tuners choice. Injector size for your application and think of the future when doing this. Sensors or sensor kit also think about additional thinks you would like to log. Injector harness and main harness. Not sure if Holley offers a custom or just a plug and play harness. I prefer doing all my own connections and wiring for a cleaner job and knowing every crimp is good. Plus if the bad happens you know where everything is. Also look into FAST they also offer a proggresive unit and other nitrous friendly controls. KG

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Could you explain why that is? I'm going to spray my car and have EFI...I understood wet was better...could you explain why dry is better?
EFI has more controll over your fuel curves. Which makes the engines happy :rolleyes:.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts