Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in running nitrous on my turbo setup, long story short I'm trying to make up for a relatively small engine. Also, I'm using HPtuners and have a feeling fuel tuning will be a chore with a dry shot.

Build is a 4.8 with a borg warner s475. Summit truck cam, very close to a BTR 4.8 stage 2. Can get the turbo up to around 10 psi on the transbrake, but it takes a while - since I can only hook on 5-8 psi I've got about 1-2 seconds of spooling before its at around 15 psi which is where my injectors log off.

I know I've got traction and injectors to worry about first, but it seems like nitrous is worth doing some research on to see if it's a good option in the long run. Again I have a feeling tuning may be difficult for a dry shot, and was wondering if a wet shot would be easier to work with on a speed density tune.

I've never run nitrous on anything so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You already know dry is out. Your going to need a nitrous controller. with a controller you can control when it comes on, and how much of it gets used, like 10%, 30%, 50% of your total nos set up.

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
Whats the specs on your turbo? What size is your hotside tubing? T6 or T4 turbo?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I use N2O at launch,went with a wet plate over a dry shot to make the tune easy. Juice is on at the hit,off at 8psi boost, it's only on for .8 of a sec.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turbo is a T6. Is the wet shot enough to keep AFR happy while spraying without messing with the tune much? Hoping the amount of fuel added vs. nitrous is consistent enough so I can have a tune on the bottle or off the bottle and it'll be close enough, but I have a feeling it isn't that easy.

I've heard people running a shot just until the turbo has spooled, what's the reason people don't just spray the whole pass?
Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turbo reaches target boost 1-2 seconds after launch I mean. I can get the thing to 10 psi after like 7-8 seconds on the brake which gets the trans a little toasty and I have no hope of hooking at any of my local strips.

·
Registered
23,279 Posts
Not familiar with HP tuners , but if you can control timing and fuel on the brake , then I would start there .

More timing , less fuel on the brake / 2 step .

Is the converter custom ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I've been dialing it in - hard to find a solid answer on timing and AFR but I'm keeping it under 30 degrees and 14:1 on fuel. I've had the 2-step set for around 3500-4000 but it takes some boost to get it above 4k. Again I don't really mess with anything over 4000 due to shitty traction.

Converter is a Dice, custom for the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts