1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4209152p-4801884c.html

Church set to protest at funeral

Says beheading of city man God's way of punishing us

Members of a notorious U.S. church that's been branded a hate group are coming to Winnipeg to protest at the funeral of Tim McLean Saturday.
A spokeswoman for the Westboro Baptist Church -- which is known for staging protests at funerals of American soldiers who have died in Iraq -- said seven members will picket outside the Westwood Community Church Saturday to let Canadians know that "God hates you, and it's because of your rebellion against his word that this child is dead."
Enlarge Image
Member of notorious Westboro Baptist Church will be in Winnipeg on Saturday. (Bradley C. Bower / The Associated Press Archives )

Shirley Phelps-Roper, the daughter of Fred Phelps who heads the church in Topeka, Kansas, said the murder of Tim McLean was God's response to Canadian policies that allow homosexuality, abortion and adultery.
"Is it legal to have abortions up there? They are teaching you that God is a big fat liar (by making sins legal)," she said. "God sent that guy to do it."
Tim Dedelly, McLean's stepfather, declined to comment on the church's planned protest but said he had notified the police.
The horrifying murder of Tim McLean on a Greyhound bus just west of Portage la Prairie grabbed international headlines last week.
Allan Mailloux, youth pastor for the Bethel Baptist Church in Winnipeg, said he was appalled that the Westboro church would consider appearing at McLean's funeral.
"That is so dishonouring to Tim McLean's family. It's a slap in the face," he said "The main purpose in life is to love God and to love one another. I don't know how this falls into that definition."
Over the past few years, members of the Westboro Baptist Church - almost all of whom are blood relatives - have upset Americans coast-to-coast by showing up at the funerals of U.S. soldiers carrying large "God Hates America" signs. The church claims U.S. soldiers are killed to punish the country for its "disobedience to God and filthy manner of life." Last January, they picketed the funeral of Hollywood actor Heath Ledger because he played a homosexual character in the movie Brokeback Mountain.
The church is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Phelps-Roper said the church had already scheduled protests for this week in Red Deer, Alta., and Toronto, Ont., when they received news of the Greyhound bus massacre.
"Lo and behold, we were going to Canada and God offered us a gift. The curse of God was put upon you (Canada) when that young man's head was cut off," she said.
Mailloux said the Phelps-Roper's retributive beliefs are not reflective of Christian faith.
"That runs absolutely contrary to what is taught in the Bible," he said. "God loves all people, that is 100 per cent true. God will love us no matter how far from we stray from things. Who are they to judge?"

·
Registered
399 Posts
Stupid fucks like that give the U.S. a bad name

If I was attending the funeral for someone that i know and saw them phucksticks protesting id go fucking berserk

·
Registered
613 Posts
THOSE FUCKS TRIED THAT UP HERE A COUPLE YEARS BACK WHEN MY BUDDIES SOON DIED IN IRAQ,HIS FUNERAL WAS UNREAL. THEY HAD A SHIT LOAD OF BIKERS GUARDING THE STREETS TO KEEP THEM AWAY. THE POLICE WERE COOL ABOUT IT TO. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE CHICKEN SHITS GOT WITHIN ABOUT A BLOCK AND A FEW OF THEM GOT THE SMACKDOWN LAID UPON THEM. KEEP EM OUT /FUCK EM UP THATS A GOOD MOTO FOR A SIGN!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw it on a Winnipeg car forum.
Seems like there are some that are planning to attend the funeral just to keep these phucksticks away.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Winnipeg has a very strong biker population.
I have a feeling there will be a lot of harleys with support stickers on them parked out front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well unfortunateley i lived in topeka for 33 years and went to school with those nut jobs i could write a book on the ignorant things they have done in topeka but it would bea waste of valuable time pure idiots thats for sure

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
that dumb bitch needs a bullet in the face.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Please don't think these degenerates are your typical Baptist, they are the exception.

My deepest sympithy and respect to all who have served our country and To those who have paid the ultimate price.

·
SCM Drinking crew.
2,668 Posts
Gay or not NOBODY deserves to die like that!!!! Those Phuckwads that are protesting need to be taught a life lesson!!! let the BEAT DOWN begin!!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gay or not NOBODY deserves to die like that!!!! Those Phuckwads that are protesting need to be taught a life lesson!!! let the BEAT DOWN begin!!!!
Thats the stupid part. The victim wasn't even gay.
They are just using this to show how god is punishing Canada because of legal gay marriges or some stupid shit like that.

I also heard that PETA wants to be there as well because they tried to use that murder as an example of what happens to animals in a slaughter house.
The news paper wouldn't run the add, so they say they will protest the funeral.

What a bunch of phucksticks. The guys family has been through enough already. Let them grieve in piece.

·
SCM Drinking crew.
2,668 Posts
Thanks R/T... You know... if these people had a job they would have better things to do than piss of a grieving family!!! What a bunch of assholes!!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thats the stupid part. The victim wasn't even gay.
They are just using this to show how god is punishing Canada because of legal gay marriges or some stupid shit like that.

I also heard that PETA wants to be there as well because they tried to use that murder as an example of what happens to animals in a slaughter house.
The news paper wouldn't run the add, so they say they will protest the funeral.

What a bunch of phucksticks. The guys family has been through enough already. Let them grieve in piece.
I'm a PETA member..
P eople for the
E ating of
T asty
A nimals

1 - 20 of 20 Posts