Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to congratulate my sister on her commission and degree from The United States Military Academy. It was a long 5 years and at times very difficult. She had her pick to attend any school she wanted Yale, Harvard, Princeton but decided to take the path less traveled. It was an honor to pin your bars and wish her all the best. Congrats Sis you earned it!

·
Aviation Section
25,592 Posts
Congratulations, I have two nephews that graduated from the Acadamys, one from West Point, and we are very proud of both of them! Dave

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I just did some work up there last week and was treated to a little mini-tour and history lesson about the place.

Graduating from WP truly is an accomplishment.

Congratulations to your sis.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you all for the kind words. I must say I may not always agree with the way our government thinks and acts but I will always have much respect for our men & women in uniform. Having the honor to walk the hallowed grounds of the longest continually occupied Army garrison in America gives one sense of what these men & women sacrifice for our country.

You also get to here some great stories from cadets attending the Academy. Heard one about the George Washington Monument, where some cadets thought it would be funny to polish the balls on statues horse. Well campus officials were not amused and docked every cadets pay to have the balls re-antiqued. lol Not sure if this was true but I got a laugh out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts