Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08032008/business/oil_drop_brings_no_relief_to_the_pump_122827.htm

Motorists who have watched the price of crude oil drop 15 percent in the past three weeks while the average price at the pump has come down just 3 percent are getting drilled, two leading energy analysts claim.
The two claim that owners of the US's 160,000 gas stations are not dropping retail gas prices in line with the drop in oil because they want to fatten their anemic margins.
"Of course, motorists are getting hosed," says Weeden & Co.'s Charles Maxwell, who's known as the "dean" of energy analysts.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
If they actually wanted the economy to turn around overnight, they would do everything in their power to open up every tap and drill every field they could find. They would only need to make the statement that an oil drilling free-for-all was officially sanctioned by the federal government effective immediately and prices would plummet. The amount of money available for use on products other than gasoline would be a far bigger boost than some phony, chinese-funded "stimulus" check. I'm no economist, but it seems pretty simple to me. WTF do I know?

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they actually wanted the economy to turn around overnight, they would do everything in their power to open up every tap and drill every field they could find. They would only need to make the statement that an oil drilling free-for-all was officially sanctioned by the federal government effective immediately and prices would plummet. The amount of money available for use on products other than gasoline would be a far bigger boost than some phony, chinese-funded "stimulus" check. I'm no economist, but it seems pretty simple to me. WTF do I know?
I agree. Seems pretty obvious.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I find it funny. We are sitting on all of this oil, but all of these idiots dont want to touch it.

So, what will it be used for?

If we have the shit, lets use it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's not just the oil alone. The war(s) are costing big bank. Hell Exxon made 15K a second last quarter while the government made 1 trillion in taxes off the gas we bought! Now you tell me who is getting screwed! And don't get me started on Ethanol prices.

·
QC for Molson Brewery
2,205 Posts
Funny eh when the price of a barrel goes up it's instantaneous...when it drop's we get phucked :smt102

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08032008/business/oil_drop_brings_no_relief_to_the_pump_122827.htm

Motorists who have watched the price of crude oil drop 15 percent in the past three weeks while the average price at the pump has come down just 3 percent are getting drilled, two leading energy analysts claim.
The two claim that owners of the US's 160,000 gas stations are not dropping retail gas prices in line with the drop in oil because they want to fatten their anemic margins.
"Of course, motorists are getting hosed," says Weeden & Co.'s Charles Maxwell, who's known as the "dean" of energy analysts.

If you owned a gas station and bought 300,000 gallons of gas for $4.00 a gallon. How much would you sell it for? Remember these guys pay for the gas when they take delivery of it. Not when its sold for whatever amount.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
If you owned a gas station and bought 300,000 gallons of gas for $4.00 a gallon. How much would you sell it for? Remember these guys pay for the gas when they take delivery of it. Not when its sold for whatever amount.
So, you want me to believe that every time they raise the price their tanks were empty and they had to pay more? :rolleyes:

They call it FUTURES for a reason.

The point is, when crude prices go up, the price at the pump goes up immediately. When crude goes down, the price at the pump comes down slower and at smaller percentages then when it comes up based on crude prices.

That is bullshit.

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
So, you want me to believe that every time they raise the price their tanks were empty and they had to pay more? :rolleyes:

Jeremy you can argue racing, engines, pussy and dog shit with me. Don't question an Arab on gas... You know nothing about how prices are set at the pump besides the imaginary Internet world you live in.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Jeremy you can argue racing, engines, pussy and dog shit with me. Don't question an Arab on gas... You know nothing about how prices are set at the pump besides the imaginary Internet world you live in.
Please, enlighten us all then.

They buy 300K gallons like you say. If the price of crude goes up they raise the fucking price that night based on FUTURES and what could and might happen and all that other BS.

When the price of crude falls, and they still have gas in their tanks that was previously bought, they do not lower the price in the same fashion they raise the price.

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts

The point is, when crude prices go up, the price at the pump goes up immediately. When crude goes down, the price at the pump comes down slower and at smaller percentages then when it comes up based on crude prices.

That is bullshit.
When you drive nothing from Detroit the gas prices go up as well. If you dont like the prices take a drive south to get your gas.

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
Please, enlighten us all then.

The buy 300K gallons like you say. If the price of crude goes up they raise the fucking price that night based on FUTURES and what could and might happen and all that other BS.

When the price of crude falls, and they still have gas in their tanks that was previously bought, they do not lower the price in the same fashion they raise the price.

Why so I can argue with you on something you know NOTHING about? Pay the price of gas and STFU.. if you dont like it.. dont buy it.. It's that simple

1 - 20 of 121 Posts