Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys Im having trouble and think its fuel related.I ran on 1/8 mile track.Combo is 408 sbf,afr 205s,super vic,850 Holley HP carb.Running a NX genini plate kit set on 175 jetting.Its in a 4200 pound Ford Truck with a C6 man valve body.
Truck takes off great from the line without pushing it to hard and does 1.59 short times 2nd gear feels pretty good untill I get to the top of 2nd it kind of seems to slow a bit, but everytime I go to third gear there is a POP and flash under the hood so I coast to the line.I feel it should run a high 6 in the 1/8 if I could make a full pass.
My fuel system is a BG pump rated at 2000HP I run 10- line to the front then Y it into my Carb reg and Nitrous fuel reg.I run 8- line to them.
I then run 6- to the Fuel noid and duel 6- to the carb.Carb is set at 7PSI and Nitrous fuel reg is at 10PSI.
I tried one run at 1100 bottle presure then two runs at 900.THe runs at 900 where better.Plugs did look lean.I dont really know where to start at now.My Nitrous fuel reg does have a tiny leak right now but its only drips from the bottom fitting.I will put a new one in asap.
Im going to install a fuel gauge so I can see it but what else should I look at?Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Couple more, I ran 34 Total timing and tried Nitrous Fuel pressure at 7 and then at 10.I run 110 and 93 mix 50/50.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
What does your kit call for fuel pressure. Going from 7 to 10 is a very drastic change. Are you setting it with a flow gauge or the pressure gauge?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would definately use a fuel flow gauge to check the pressures, ive always ran 6psi to the nitrous system and 7psi to the engine, you might want to consider a fuel log with a regulator for the nitrous system and a regulator for the engine,as far as bottle pressure i would say between 850-950 from experience. i got all my parts from steve johnson at induction solutions

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
is it the new nx stuff or the old? i know the new stuff calls for high fp, but even 10 is high in my opinion.and dont rely on the cheap gauges you stick on the regs, get a flow tool.majority of the small gauges i have seen are incorrect.

·
Registered
450 Posts
check your plug gap. close it to .30

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the newer NX stuff. I set it by the pressure gauge flowing in a bucket with jet in the end off it.I from 7-10 cause I was thinking it wasnt getting fuel.
454rat I think you might be right.My plugs are and where at 36 at the track.I was at 30 when I was doing some runs in front my house and it always ran great.
I forgot all about doing that buddy told me I should go up on the gap for more power.Thanks for the tips and help guys Im going to put fuel back to what the book says and gap to 30.:drinkers:

·
Super Moderator
12,212 Posts
usa,
There are many things that could be causing your troubles. just gonna have to work through things one at a time. Just an FYI, anytime you run you bottle over 1069 PSI you don't get good nitrous...
Fords can be a real pain in the a$$, they are timing sensitive and do have some distribution issues too. Sounds like with a little help you'll be OK.. SJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts