Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'd like to thank everyone on this board for all the advise you all have given me. With that being said

I went bracket racing this past weekend. 8/02/2008 I had a great time racing with friends. I was having alot of fun. It was a little hot mid day but it eventually cooled down a bit once the sun started to go down.

My time trails didn't go so well. I spun the tires both times. Everyone was having a little trouble. So they shut the track down for a little over an hour. They scraped it and worked on it for a good time. Their efforts worked cause everyone was hooking hard including me.
Here are my time trial slips.

So I compared the two and put a 12.80 on the window. I staged at 2500 rpm on the first time trial and on the second I tried 3000 rpm to help cut a better light. Well it didn't work that well for me cause the car started to move. So I went back to 2500 rpm that is why I went with a 12.80
As you can see we both hooked good and we both broke out.

So the second round I was up against a 65 mustang. This guy is 5th in points and is a weekly bracket racer. I for sure thought I was going to lose. But I stayed confident and kept telling myself I'm going to win this round. And sure enough I did.

So now I was ready for 3rd round. It started to get darker out and it was alot cooler out. So I went with a 12.61 on the window. My friend told me be careful it's darker out and the lights are going to be brighter so don't go red. And what happens I went red. Crap!!!! I think I could have won against this guy if I hadn't gone red. He broke out.

Well Overall I think I did a good job for haven't gone bracket racing in a good while. I had a blast and can't wait to go again. I think the car ran consistant. My 60' times are very similar. I was happy with that. I don't think the bigger rear-end affected the car as much as I thought it would. That's a good thing. I also got my line lock to work. I had to basically get schooled on how to use it properly. It worked out real good for me. I like LINE LOCK

Here are some pics

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
nice job. i see the 60ft times were consistent after they prepped the track. now you will be able to tell if any changes you make have hurt or helped the car. thumbs up to ya.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was really happy to see my 60' times were so close. The other day it was just a poor track prep and a poor burnout.

I finally figured out how to use the line lock. I didn't have no trouble what so ever with it. THe car stayed right their and didn't move. I used the method one of you told me and it worked. I can't remember the handle name of who told me. But I basically did what he said. I put the car in Neutral pumped the brakes up real good held the pedal down hard and fliped the switch put it in gear and bliped the throttle and I was good to go.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It is a nice felling when you cross the finish line and see the little yellow win light on top of the outside walls go on in your lane.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i could have won that 3rd round. If I didn't go red for the guy I could have won. He broke out. I gave him a easy win. Crap!!! I was mad and just let off the gas.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Good job bro!!
I wish ya better luck next time as well!!:cool:

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like you had a real good time doing it also. Looks like the track started working a LOT better. You seem to have gotten a good handle on your dial ins too - you are right, that race you went red on would have been REAL close.

Nice job taking out the guy 5th in points. I'm sure a 0.1xx light for him is WAY asleep. You made him drive it hard to get around you and he broke out! 8)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Great job, just remember to concentrate on what is happening in your lane. 12.62 to a 12.10, he might have seen your red light and ran it out the back door. Most good seasoned bracket racers like to keep .02 to .04 in their pocket, just in case. 1/4 mile racing you don't need to dial as hard and can get away with some in the bank. Good luck next time and work on those lights !!!!!!

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
congrats as well.
at least your out racing,and having a great time with your car,and your friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts