Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Is there any REAL difference between VRI and VRII? I'm no professional, but I can't tell any difference between my lenses that are I and II. My VRI is the 18-200. From what I read, the only difference in the I and II for these lenses, was the fact that one has a lock to keep the lens from drooping when pointing down.

As for the original poster... Lens Envy!!!! Awesome piece, and have fun with it!!! :p

·
Registered
732 Posts
Is there any REAL difference between VRI and VRII? I'm no professional, but I can't tell any difference between my lenses that are I and II. My VRI is the 18-200. From what I read, the only difference in the I and II for these lenses, was the fact that one has a lock to keep the lens from drooping when pointing down.

As for the original poster... Lens Envy!!!! Awesome piece, and have fun with it!!! :p
You can't compare a VRI lens with a different lens which is a VRII. I mean that there is nothing to compare with a 70-200 VRII and a 24-70 VRI. It's that old apples to oranges thing.

On the 70-200 the VRII has a faster focus motor and it is sharper around the edges than the VRI version. The biggest difference, in my opinion, it that the VRII will focus at 4.6 feet while the VRI version will only focus in somewhere around 10 feet. I also understand the panning overide is better with the VRII. The VRII is a little shorter but a little heavier than the VRI. There's more but that's the big stuff.

So, yes Nikon actually made improvements when they changed the changed to the VRII designation.

Damon, I expect you're going to be happy with that purchase!

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
I thought you were finally going to start working on your car after the last lens you bought.....lol

·
Co-Founder E3xtreme.com
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you were finally going to start working on your car after the last lens you bought.....lol
Fuck that. Let it sit. I have no interest in racing any of these bullshit ass classes and dealing with bullshit ass politics. All racing is now is politics. Been that way for a while and I don't play well in other's sandboxes!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Fuck that. Let it sit. I have no interest in racing any of these bullshit ass classes and dealing with bullshit ass politics. All racing is now is politics. Been that way for a while and I don't play well in other's sandboxes!
That's why I'm sticking to the street class with my junk and working on buying glass. LOL Much cheaper that way. ;) That isn't the Craigslist lens is it? Hahahah

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice lens. I went a little cheaper and got the 80-200 AF-S awhile back, but like it. Since I like using a monopod, I haven't felt that I needed VR (yet). I would have got the VR I though if it had been similar in price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts