Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went shooting for the first time last night. My wife works as a range officer. So last night for date night she took me to the range after it closed. I've never shot a gun before so I was excited to see what it was all about. Started off with a 22 cal. "41". Next I moved up to the 9 mil. "1911" shot a box of ammo with that. Then my favorite gun the 45 cal. "1911" shot 3 boxes of that ammo. Then the wife brought out the 357 revolver and the 500 revolver "bone collector" shot those maybe 10 shots apiece. And the last thing we shot was the 1522 rifle which was fun. All in all it was fun and will do it again. Thank you to the wife. :smt071

·
Registered
730 Posts
So I went shooting for the first time last night. My wife works as a range officer. So last night for date night she took me to the range after it closed. I've never shot a gun before so I was excited to see what it was all about. Started off with a 22 cal. "41". Next I moved up to the 9 mil. "1911" shot a box of ammo with that. Then my favorite gun the 45 cal. "1911" shot 3 boxes of that ammo. Then the wife brought out the 357 revolver and the 500 revolver "bone collector" shot those maybe 10 shots apiece. And the last thing we shot was the 1522 rifle which was fun. All in all it was fun and will do it again. Thank you to the wife. :smt071

That's cool, wish my wife could get me in the back door of a range. Firearms are just another tool, no different than a welder, learn how to use it properly. How was the 500, I owned a .454 so iv had one that kick but I can't imagin how bad or good that thing kicks.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the very little experience I have it was retarded...in a good way! I don't think you'd want to shoot it all the time but it was cool to do it once. I can't see it being very practical.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The 500 is a beast. I've shot my cousins s&w .500 shooting 350 grains and holy shit, its a cannon. Literally, everybody at the range stopped shooting to see what the Fuck was being fired. Good times!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 500 is a beast. I've shot my cousins s&w .500 shooting 350 grains and holy shit, its a cannon. Literally, everybody at the range stopped shooting to see what the Fuck was being fired. Good times!
It's a animal, Couldn't image firing that thing without ear protection.:supz:

·
Long Live The King
105,727 Posts
Just never really into guns. After shooting I have much more respect for them and the power they have.
Try some trap shooting when you get a chance.

So how good of a shot is your wife ? Does she own any guns ?

G-

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try some trap shooting when you get a chance.

So how good of a shot is your wife ? Does she own any guns ?

G-
She's better then me! She gets to shoot almost every time she goes to work. No we don't own any guns as of right now. She's working on getting her carrying permit.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Just never really into guns. After shooting I have much more respect for them and the power they have.
Now when you see a movie of guys shooting it out inside a closed car, with NO hearing protection.. You can understand that's all BS..

·
Registered
752 Posts
Now when you see a movie of guys shooting it out inside a closed car, with NO hearing protection.. You can understand that's all BS..
yes because I am sure every gang member or criminal or anyone that is going to have a shootout takes the time to throw on some hearing protection before they go murdering.
by the way congrats on the shoot, get yourself some guns and do it more often, the more good people that arm themselves the better we can make this country

·
Registered
6,008 Posts

Most everything in the "movies" is BS. The sorry thing is that so many young people only learn about guns (ond other things) from what they see in the movies.

Instead of 'gun control', I think our society needs 'movie control'.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Most everything in the "movies" is BS. The sorry thing is that so many young people only learn about guns (ond other things) from what they see in the movies.

Instead of 'gun control', I think our society needs 'movie control'.
Except for the movie "Collateral" excellent gun play in that movie.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Except for the movie "Collateral" excellent gun play in that movie.
I was going to say the same thing about the movie "HEAT" .. Until I saw the still shot in the 21st picture of the movie shots.. Check it out here..

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Heat

That was just what I was talking about :smt081 ..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Years ago I went out w/a freind to shoot his .454 casull, he told me he was out of .454 rounds so we were just gonna shoot 45 long colt. After blasting away for a few mins. he sneaks in a round... that is one mean muthaphuckin round let me tell you:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts