Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use it ??? It's got a six star rating..... trying to see if it gives dogs gas, and what outcome it's had on your pets. Does it really help the coat ?

I just started my dogs on it. They have really dry skin and my Husky has a sensitive stomach.....

Let me know.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Canidae

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Put some bacon grease (not much..just whats left in the pan divided by the dogs) in their food once a week (usually Sunday breakfast) and their skin/coat will improve by leaps and bounds (no pun).

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Worked wonders for my labs, to be honest though labs dont suffer from dry skin. My female was sensitive skinned with irritations and the Canidae cleared it up. Must have been food allergies from the cheap stuff. Best part is with the canidae they eat less and shit less.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Oh, that's why I haven't tried that...... It's not grain free. My Husky and eldest dog is allergic to the grains, and that one states it's a little grain heavy.

They have an all meat formula, they eat even less of that, very dense.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have an all meat formula, they eat even less of that, very dense.
Yea, I just read the ingredients on it though and the grains and the barely are the two reasons I couldn't use it and I remember now because it sucked because it's a very high, good quality food, but those two things are what we're trying to stay away from. I saw they had the beef and salmon, that's a unique mix and I would love to put them on it. I wonder if as they get older they won't have the same allergies.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WAIT - I just saw a grain free salmon.... I haven't seen that one before
But the Omega 3 and 6 isn't high enough in it. Shit.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Yea, I just read the ingredients on it though and the grains and the barely are the two reasons I couldn't use it and I remember now because it sucked because it's a very high, good quality food, but those two things are what we're trying to stay away from. I saw they had the beef and salmon, that's a unique mix and I would love to put them on it. I wonder if as they get older they won't have the same allergies.
Well, I wonder if the allergies she had didnt go away with age insted of the food change. No doubt its a quality food but it seems that skin problems seem to go away with age on labs, who knows? Truth be told i like picking up smaller piles, lol.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
i get the diamond brand lamb and rice food our pet store has... its under a dollar a pound. knocked out about 1/2 of the gas and almost all of the itching and he doesnt eat as much now.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I wonder if the allergies she had didnt go away with age insted of the food change. No doubt its a quality food but it seems that skin problems seem to go away with age on labs, who knows? Truth be told i like picking up smaller piles, lol.
LOL... Well I'm kinda stuck right now because it seems my eldest has developed allergies in her old age. She never had them before but an expensive vet visit and watching her naw off her hair til it bleed and scraching her face until it was bleeding, I've decided to stay away from that stuff... the Husky just has a sensitive stomach, and as she is now fourteen month's, that might have gone away... I'm just worried about my eleven year old... I don't want to put her through that again OR WATCH THAT AGAIN, I cried every night looking at her.

What made us come to this is we tried Wellness Simple...... One carb, one protein, one veggie......Simple. But a twenty pound bag is like sixty bucks..... Well I tried it....... my eldest refuses to eat it and the other two actually would eat it but it had no change............... so, here I am. Wellness Core Ocean. Told it's high in Omega and GRAIN free so I'm hoping all will be happy. I think I've about tried every brand available. I'm running out now.

I hear ya on picking up smaller piles..... hopefully this helps that too. lol.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you have the allergy test done at the vet?
No, I didn't.... To be honest, at the time, I couldn't afford it, but she wanted to see if the food change and Vet strength benadryl would work first... and when that cleared up and I called her... we kinda stuck with that for now. She's fine now.... Once I took them off the grains in the food, she's had no issues..... it's the other two that have the really dry skin. I started using a medicated shampoo my sister suggested for my Husky and the higher Omega 3 and 6 in this food I'm told will help their skin.

I'm at a loss with these guys..... It's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Vet told me that he could pinpoint allergies but it would take six months and approx two grand!

Sounds like your dog has a severe problem, I feel for you (and the dog) as its sad to see animals suffer. Dont give up, try the one your thinking of and see what happens.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vet told me that he could pinpoint allergies but it would take six months and approx two grand!

Sounds like your dog has a severe problem, I feel for you (and the dog) as its sad to see animals suffer. Dont give up, try the one your thinking of and see what happens.
Trust me.. I cried every single day. I'd just look at her and hold her. I didn't know what to do for her but two thousand dollars on an eleven year old dog... that I don't have..... while I'm a single mom keeping a roof over my daughters head..... as much as I love her and as much as she is a part of my family.... I couldn't do it. Now if it didn't clear up with the food, I would have gone back for it...... if it was my last resort...... I love my animals and when I take the responsibility, I make sure I do whatever I can. My Akita blew out his knee.... Cost me three thousand dollars to have the surgery on him. Two month's later... his other blew..... that cost me two grand because we already could skip what it COULD BE, we already knew, lol. That was pre-divorce and pre-daughter of course..... but she's my baby and I would do anything.

Now again, those pills and keeping GRAIN out of foods has fixed her completly with her itching and nawing... it's just the other two now with their dry skin. Little by little I'm getting there. I'm getting closer with each food I try because it's letting me see how they react.

I just didn't know if anyone around here has used it and if I'm wasting my time on this one or not....

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Fwiw My Bulldogs are on Royal Canin and it helps alot with the gas, biggest reason we started on it was due to the high levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin for the joints since Bulldogs generally have hip and knee issues. My male has stomach issues with most foods but no issues with the RC.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Trust me.. I cried every single day. I'd just look at her and hold her. I didn't know what to do for her but two thousand dollars on an eleven year old dog... that I don't have..... while I'm a single mom keeping a roof over my daughters head..... as much as I love her and as much as she is a part of my family.... I couldn't do it. Now if it didn't clear up with the food, I would have gone back for it...... if it was my last resort...... I love my animals and when I take the responsibility, I make sure I do whatever I can. My Akita blew out his knee.... Cost me three thousand dollars to have the surgery on him. Two month's later... his other blew..... that cost me two grand because we already could skip what it COULD BE, we already knew, lol. That was pre-divorce and pre-daughter of course..... but she's my baby and I would do anything.

Now again, those pills and keeping GRAIN out of foods has fixed her completly with her itching and nawing... it's just the other two now with their dry skin. Little by little I'm getting there. I'm getting closer with each food I try because it's letting me see how they react.

I just didn't know if anyone around here has used it and if I'm wasting my time on this one or not....

Well thats good to hear, I must have misunderstood. Glad to hear the bad problem is solved.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well thats good to hear, I must have misunderstood. Glad to hear the bad problem is solved.
Oh... yea, sorry, my eldest dog with the nawing..... hers has been resolved for the most part. Granted I keep her on the benadryl and keep her off any food that has grains.... I'm not willing to chance it with her again. She still itches a little bit but nothing like before..... It's just the other two now. I'm sorry, I was explaining and think I forgot to tell you that it had stopped.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fwiw My Bulldogs are on Royal Canin and it helps alot with the gas, biggest reason we started on it was due to the high levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin for the joints since Bulldogs generally have hip and knee issues. My male has stomach issues with most foods but no issues with the RC.
I did just look that one up too.... it has grains. I'm so scared to try grains. If it was my younger ones, I wouldn't care so much. But with her age and seeing how she reacted... it's difficult. She refused to eat the Wellness Simple... REFUSED. My Husky refused to eat the Holistics Duck...... and she was eating it fine at first... next thing I know she's throwing a fit at feeding time, flipping her bowl over and pushing it out of her cage with her nose..... She went four days without eating, lol.

My beagle is the most simple. Her stomach seems to be fine, just a lil bit of dry skin, she'll eat ANYTHING, lol, and doesn't seem to have any allergies. My problem children are my eldest and the good ol Husky.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts