Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like 2008 is a wash for me.... Seems my engine builder is more concerned about playing with his Harley than getting my engine done. The only progress I can see that has been done is the rings are gapped. Even if he gets it done by next weekend, I still have about 2 or 3 weeks of shit to do to the car AFTER I get the motor back home.

So I guess I will just wait until the motor gets done and go from there... Whats the best way to keep a motor "fresh" over the winter???

Vanilla

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
oil 'er down & bag 'er up! that's booah-shit dude. no reason why a guy should miss out cuz another guy(who's gettin' paid btw) won't get off ass & take care of things. that's why i'm doin' my own rollcage & chassis work. if i don't get it done, it's my own problem. i'd be ready to throw down over some shit like that.

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts
BTW it will cost around $500 for a rebuild (unless you have broken parts)

Find a good machine shop who will do as you ask. Always double check the machine shops work.

Invest in some tools (degree wheel, dial indicator, bore gage, calipers, mics etc etc) and look on e-bay for some deals

You will thank yourself for it.. This also allows you to keep track of things... Something most others wont do..

·
Registered
821 Posts
Engine

Word of advice. rebuild your own motors... It costs thousands less and you will most like always do a better job
I promise you will do a better job than the guy you hired.... most engine builder(not all) don't really care what happens after it leaves there shop.. like a guy here always says.... "it will be fine no farther than I will drive it!"

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Nilla, I'm sorry to hear that hunny! You know you are always welcome to come out and get your fix of nitro with me ;)

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really a transgression..... more like when he got real busy, I went to ATEAM and had them put it back together after I burned it up chasing Lutz..... So I have this feeling that he is dragging his feet because I had Rob do it.... Who knows.... At this point, I dont give a shit....

Now if Monty would put up a section on shop tools, I would be in like flynn.....

Vanilla

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Nilla, I'm sorry to hear that hunny! You know you are always welcome to come out and get your fix of nitro with me ;)
do you have enough for two? my last fix is aug 2 but i dont think i can wait. lol!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
BTW it will cost around $500 for a rebuild (unless you have broken parts)
Spoken by someone who hasnt had a running car in a few years.

:-Daw
(opened yourself up for that one Monte :) )

1 - 20 of 74 Posts