Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of tomorrow, I am officially no longer in the automotive industry. I will still stay around the shop, but I likely will put the Toll Free line to someone else's phone. I will also check in here and offer advice when I can. I will also make sure YB still retains its discount at SVA.

Taking a big step in a different direction, should be interesting. Been a long time since I have had a boss.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure. I have taken some unofficial time off for awhile because of health issues. Removing stress from my life seems to have helped, find out this Thursday how much or how little it helped (DR's)

Tomorrow I am reporting to work for a highend furniture store, who also makes Tiki Bars and outdoor furinture. Top notch products. I have always been pretty good carpenter, so that part will be interesting.

But when talking to the owner today, I voiced some ideas and we are now talking about me running commercial accounts for him. LOL, he has a good sized carrot dangling in front of me, big enough to make the stress not be an issue.

The company has an excellent product, and I think properly marketed they could be very large. We will see how it goes. Right now I am busy preparing to keep my mouth shut for a change.
Hopefully in a few months I will introduce everyone to them. I think I will be revamping their website, and things like that. Do a bit of "polishing" for them. As I said, busy preparing to keep my mouth shut. (Probably be fired by Friday, LOL)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I am not sure. I have taken some unofficial time off for awhile because of health issues. Removing stress from my life seems to have helped, find out this Thursday how much or how little it helped (DR's)

Tomorrow I am reporting to work for a highend furniture store, who also makes Tiki Bars and outdoor furinture. Top notch products. I have always been pretty good carpenter, so that part will be interesting.

But when talking to the owner today, I voiced some ideas and we are now talking about me running commercial accounts for him. LOL, he has a good sized carrot dangling in front of me, big enough to make the stress not be an issue.

The company has an excellent product, and I think properly marketed they could be very large. We will see how it goes. Right now I am busy preparing to keep my mouth shut for a change.
Hopefully in a few months I will introduce everyone to them. I think I will be revamping their website, and things like that. Do a bit of "polishing" for them. As I said, busy preparing to keep my mouth shut. (Probably be fired by Friday, LOL)
Alright a new catagory, will this go under "fire your bullets", "general discussion", or a classified section.

congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Figures!!!

I finally find someone who knows how to rebuild alternators and starters and he goes on a furniture missionship.

We sure are gonna miss your services Ray.

As of tomorrow, I am officially no longer in the automotive industry. I will still stay around the shop, but I likely will put the Toll Free line to someone else's phone. I will also check in here and offer advice when I can. I will also make sure YB still retains its discount at SVA.

Taking a big step in a different direction, should be interesting. Been a long time since I have had a boss.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well one day down. Man it wasnt fun, LOL. Had lots of reminders of how old I am, how out of shape I am, etc, etc. But it was good to get my hands dirty. When I move to sales from the install end of this it will help immensely.

And yeah, YB will get a discount. They have a chair similar to the Muskoka Chair, but 10x as comfortable. (Muskokas are very comfortable to start with). They are made of 2" Cedar, and only $250 each. :) Which sounds high, till you compare it to a Muskoka that goes for close to that in Cedar. They should sell them as kits or something. They have figured out how to ship the Tiki bars, but that is an adventure.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, hope it works out for you. Does this mean you're done with volts or just hobbying it?
Dont think I can ever been done with volts. I am beat up after 10 hours today, but once I get my wind back I think I will do some part time at night in the shop. SVA is still in business, etc, my Stepfather John is holding down the fort.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Dont think I can ever been done with volts. I am beat up after 10 hours today, but once I get my wind back I think I will do some part time at night in the shop. SVA is still in business, etc, my Stepfather John is holding down the fort.
So your alternators, etc will still be on the market? I might be in need down the road.

Good luck with the new career!

Todd

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So your alternators, etc will still be on the market? I might be in need down the road.

Good luck with the new career!

Todd
Thanks for the well wishes.

Alternators will still be on the market. I am exploring some different ideas with them. Maybe see them at Summit or Karbelt soon (in truth I would rather build for PowerMaster, hint hint John). My one off customs will be shelved for awhile if not longer.

Then there is the thought that if I dont stay heavily involved that I wont be getting new info regularly, and in a few years my knoweledge will be outdated. So we will see what the long run holds.

I also might suck at my new job, and none of this will matter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts