Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 years out in the weather it appears that I need a new game cam. Anybody got a good one to tell me about? Or a bad one to tell me about, so I know what not to get anyway. Would like to get something more up to date and at least this good on pics (see below)

Thank Ya !

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The cudde backs really are a good camera but they are expensive. Best camera for the money imo is the little wildgame innovations. Its not very big at all and it takes great pics. Not near as nice as the CB though.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
BTW. both the cameras I mentioned take much better pics. I can't remember the particular models. The newer cudde back that is more narrow than wide and looks like a tree branch or whatever is a great cam.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Why in the hell would u wanna spend more than 150 bucks to take a pic of a deer.I mean if u got 250 class deer walking around ok but dude just spend Small mOney and see deer on 2.0-8.0 megapixel cameras.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused:
Why in the hell would u wanna spend more than 150 bucks to take a pic of a deer.I mean if u got 250 class deer walking around ok but dude just spend Small mOney and see deer on 2.0-8.0 megapixel cameras.

It is a (somewhat) security camera too! It is pointed down my drive and I can see who if anyone has been down at the house while I'm gone. And can see if anyone has been up at my car trailer at night. So I want at least a pretty good one

·
هدية الل
3,376 Posts
Does the game camera have a flash like a normal camera? I dont want people that walk by to be notified that they just got caught on camera....

·
هدية الل
3,376 Posts
im asking about the cheaper ones from walmart mainly,and if they walk right up on it...

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I know, they are all infrared. If they walk right up on it they will see it anyway, I guess.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The IR cameras do not "flash". 99.9% of them are detectable though when taking a picture, usually by a small flashing LED. Hide them well enough and nobody will notice it.

The reason to spend that much money is so you have good quality pictures (good cams can take further pics at night), and so you don't have to get on the bullet and make a post saying your camera took a crap lol.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Overheard someone telling a fellow just a while back about one that auto sends the pics to your computer instead of having to get the SD card out. IDK what one is was though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Overheard someone telling a fellow just a while back about one that auto sends the pics to your computer instead of having to get the SD card out. IDK what one is was though.
It's true they have been out for several years now, BUT you have to buy a cell service to run it, and it would charge you for every pic sent like a MMS text.. So if you have a pile of Yellow acorns in front of the camera that could add up quickly :) Not that I would know ;)

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's true they have been out for several years now, BUT you have to buy a cell service to run it, and it would charge you for every pic sent like a MMS text.. So if you have a pile of Yellow acorns in front of the camera that could add up quickly :) Not that I would know ;)

OH HELL NO !:smt082
I guess I will get off my ass and get the SD card

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'll get my boy Tommy Thompson in here, he's an expert of this stuff, he's a pro staffer for Mossy Oak..

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, Thanks

It is more for the wife than me. She feeds about a dozen of them everyday with corn and day old bread that she buys every week for 3 dollars . She really likes her deer pics especially when the spotties are little. They are her babies . LOL

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She has a deal with them, she feeds them and they don't mess with her garden and flowers. Has actually worked pretty good !

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
She has a deal with them, she feeds them and they don't mess with her garden and flowers. Has actually worked pretty good !
How long has she been doing that???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts