Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes...that's right I am off to the track in the AM to test the Next Generation Hammer!!!

I am anxious and apprehensive I will be glad to get the first blast off my chest so then I can just get down to driving the car. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Good luck. Just take baby steps. I know it's tough for a big dude like you but try to thing small...one small step ant a time.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone....and Jim you are so right about taking those baby steps. There is an Outlaw 10.5 race today and I will testing right behind them. It is the last day at my local track after this season it is closing. So it will be hard not to try to slip into the Outlaw race....but I don't have the right fuel to spray it....so it will be a motor day. But if it runs halfway decent I might slip over. :-D

Jimmy you can leave the embarassing video and shots for another day....trust me there will be more chances. :?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Eric
I told ya so! You didn't drown them there pesky butterflies with liquor!

All:
You haven't ever seen anything as comical as an 8 foot, 9000 pound, humungous black man tryin to fit his big a$$ into a Camaro made for a 5'7" guy!!! Looked like a limbo contest! But ya know what? He "got-er-done"!
He did what a lot of guys wish they could do. He made it to the track. He made some passes, got rid of some of those pesky ole butterflies and went home with everything all in one piece.
Good on ya, Friend!!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL.....just got home....stopped off at Uno's and had a nice "new car passes" steak. Was cooked a little too much on the well done side but decent.

Camp...thanks for your help today....I feel a bunch better now that I got that gas off my chest. I am now enjoying a nice Samuel Adams Light. Don't want to change the chassis tune-up at 9001LBS.

I am going to MIR tomorrow to make some more passes and get this thing sorted out. I took a few pics today at the shop before leaving....I will post them in a few.

-Sledge-
.....r
.......i
........c

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just got home a little bit ago from MIR. I had better success today than yesterday.

1st pass off the trailer - 9.96 @ 146.16

and

2nd pass with a little more rpm on the leave 9.83 @ 145.91 (lifted at 1100 ft when hood disappeared)

Both passes on the motor and not really leaving off the transbrake real hard.

Since I ruined my new hood now I need another. :smt013

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Have was the height and distance? :-D Copy cat!! :-D

Look like some good numbers for first time runs.. It only get better and more expensive from here.. :-D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Monty Mikho said:

Look like some good numbers for first time runs.. It only get better and more expensive from here.. :-D
Don't tell me that is what happened to you too??? :lol:

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Sledgehammer said:
Monty Mikho said:

Eric......your headed in the right direction 1# get it out of the garage :p

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
On my Lic passes. Second pass of the the day hood blew off took out windshield and that was it I had to go home fix everything and go back the next weekend. My buddy thought the chute flew off the car. HAHA

It happens to alot of people!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jimmy Biggs said:
Sledgehammer said:
Monty Mikho said:

Eric......your headed in the right direction 1# get it out of the garage :p
Well I am back in to lick my wounds and get healed by Friday so I can race this weekend. Where are you going to be this weekend?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark Kasperan said:
On my Lic passes. Second pass of the the day hood blew off took out windshield and that was it I had to go home fix everything and go back the next weekend. My buddy thought the chute flew off the car. HAHA

It happens to alot of people!
Thanks.....that thought did cross my mind that parts of the hood could have hit the windshield. The only damage it did to the car was flip and crush the driver's fender down by the rocker panel :evil:

I get a car with decent paint and then this happens....I should go back to primer and rust!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts