Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to launch right!!!

Man, this was a tough season, first the converter went bad, of course it wasn't TCIs fault, but for some reason they sent a complete new one, hmmm.

Then the BOLT on oil p/u broke and fell, off, lesson, ALWAYS WELD them on, regardless, lost my good motor.

Threw a 406 together with my small cam went out and the new converter was way too loose. Put my tighter one in, then sheared off all 5 wheel studs on the 2nd pass, guess the "little" motor is making some torque. Bent up the bed, but coulda been much worse.

Broke a rocker arm, fixed it went out, ran a 11.01, which I was happy, as the Good motor w/same cam and converter only went a 10.94 at the same track, and the 11.01 was after alot of idleing and street driving, so I anticipated picking up a little more.

Ohhhhh noooo, that was too much to ask I guess, I lost 2 tenths the next run and had a similar 60, so I think it spun but only a little, well, then ran 1st round, redlighted, but there was alot of noise coming to the pits.

Loaded up, came home and took it apart Sunday, well, it broke another rocker, so I guess its winter time.

Anyway here is a link to my vid page, look on the left under Nov. Vids, there is one from last week when it did spin and got out of the groove, then a burnout and launch from the last pass, the truck is finally leaving like I think it should!

http://www.karsxtremeperf.com/custom.html

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I think the truck from a chassis standpoint is doing well... you just need more power on the launch to throw it out there.... Looks good. A lot of that will come from the combination of camshaft, and torque converter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Chris.

I also want to thank you for your help earlier this year, it gave me a good direction to go, and worked out well.

Right now, I'm up in the air as far as what we'll be doing over the winter, as always, budget dictates speed.

So, for the time being, I'll be focusing on the jobs I have and trying to garner some sponsors so I can build the 18* motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts