Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright, the good news. We are keeping my staff working as we are essential to the upkeep of the properties and meet other requirements laid out by the rules given to us. Should just be weird being the only people around but we're out here.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
1 week on [ Thursday, Friday off Saturday and Sunday back on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday}
2 weeks off with normal pay
not 1 person layed off or fired
tell me again how unions suck

·
Registered
560 Posts
My daughter had to lay off all the people at her resturant. She was in tears,most of them are kids working their way thru college, Not sure if they will come back.She gave them food from the coolers.I am retired so its Netflix for me.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Polishing brightwork at home for the GTO.. I am Ready to pick it up tommorow. It should be ready. Going in to the shop with closed doors to start re assembling emblems, bumpers, brightwork etc. Got some work to do around the house also that needs done . A little paint, trim work. Might as well get the mowers out and ready.
Gonna be a long haul if this shut lasts more than 2 or 3 weeks.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
5,536 Posts
Colt, I am surprised your stuff is slowing. I thought about you this week.
By the way I left the brokerage I was at when we last spoke.
I’m kind of surprised as well, I think it’s more of a “stutter” while everyone waits for things to settle a bit. I really don’t think it’ll last long. I’ve been sick for the past few days so I haven’t been in to work till tonight, had to go in cuz they got slammed. The other boss man called me up sayin “ help! “ lol.

So what are you doing now that your not doing the brokerage thing?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was looking forward to some time off but our FAA 145 Repair Station has been deemed essential so we are working, all of us, overhauling and rebuilding
Class I and Class II Accessories for the airlines, both PAX and Cargo. The only way we get shut down is if one of the 21 of us comes down with it, then we
all get 14 days off with pay to stay at home under quarantine. I will watch the Surfers videos again for the 5 time start to finish and work on my old truck with
the garage door down and the A/C on! Dave
I thought the majority of planes wee sitting idle due to no demand ?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I’m kind of surprised as well, I think it’s more of a “stutter” while everyone waits for things to settle a bit. I really don’t think it’ll last long. I’ve been sick for the past few days so I haven’t been in to work till tonight, had to go in cuz they got slammed. The other boss man called me up sayin “ help! “ lol.

So what are you doing now that your not doing the brokerage thing?
Colt I am playing house husband/semi retired. Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
5,536 Posts
Colt I am playing house husband/semi retired. Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
I gotcha, not a damn thing wrong with that! I like the semi retired idea. I find myself playing with the idea more and more all the time. One of these days it might actually happen.

If ya need anything feel free to holler (y)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts