Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my county is next for staying home. Not a great time for me at work. I'll be meeting with the boss tomorrow about how that's gonna look. My guys will all be sent home with pay, not sure if I'll be stuck in my office staring at the wall or not. Not worried about it financially just the logistical side of it. Hmmmm

·
Registered
31,567 Posts
I won’t know until Friday whether I have to let people go or not.
We can’t get parts.

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, pure misery. I layer off 23 people since Monday without pay. One of the worst weeks I can recall in my 15 years as a manager.
That's terrible. Like I said I will be paying my guys in the short term so it's not all doom and gloom but it's gonna hurt

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Where my Son works everything has ground to a halt. He say all the home builders are laying off guys now. Thanks Dummycraps, we'll remember you in Nov.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
5,563 Posts
Our business took a nose dive but everyone is still there. We normally always slow way down in the winter, but we haven’t in the past 3 winters, bustin ass year round. The slow down to us means maintenance on the shop, cleaning and tending to other projects. The other boss man starting building the engine for his car today, he’s only been trying for the last 3 years. I’ve got 12 computers to rebuild and update for the office, been trying to do that for 2 years now.

Its not the end of the world, things will pick back up. The guys out of work will find jobs again. Just hunker down and ride it out is all anyone can do.

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our business took a nose dive but everyone is still there. We normally always slow way down in the winter, but we haven’t in the past 3 winters, bustin ass year round. The slow down to us means maintenance on the shop, cleaning and tending to other projects. The other boss man starting building the engine for his car today, he’s only been trying for the last 3 years. I’ve got 12 computers to rebuild and update for the office, been trying to do that for 2 years now.

Its not the end of the world, things will pick back up. The guys out of work will find jobs again. Just hunker down and ride it out is all anyone can do.
Agreed I was just hoping they were going to leave my dept alone and let us do a bunch of catch up stuff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
On the other side of it, the company I work for is swamped (We supply industrial cleaning chemicals to everyone from hospitals to cruise ships) But I deal with out of state truck drivers all day long, I thank them for what they're doing but I know it puts my family at more risk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
been lay offs all around my area as well...my job was dead for the last couple weeks and now work is starting to trickle back in luckily. A lot of people dont have any money set aside for any type of situation.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,947 Posts
My godson is a Los Angeles based commercial construction manager. They laid off all of their crews last Friday.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,947 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Im so fuckin bored

i go out to my garage and literally just look for something to fuck with.
Tomorrows job is going to be to detail the inside of my truck and see if the push mower is ready for this up and coming season.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

Colt, I am surprised your stuff is slowing. I thought about you this week.
By the way I left the brokerage I was at when we last spoke.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At a certain point we are going to have to say to Hell with this, it’s time to open things up and let the chips fall. This make the US vulnerable, and to destroy its economy is too much to ask for many reasons.
I can’t imagine next year, if another virus surfaces that people will be willing to shut down again.
those who are in the percentile that makes themselves susceptible will need to take the precautions while the rest of the country takes care of business.

·
Registered
31,567 Posts
I am in the age group that is supposed to be in danger....
Dammit, everybody get your ass back to work!
I am not worth destroying the economy over.
If I get it - I get it.
If it’s my time to go - it’s my time.
Tell every mayor and governor to shut the fuck up and send everybody back to work.
The cure really is worth than the disease.

·
Aviation Section
23,853 Posts
I was looking forward to some time off but our FAA 145 Repair Station has been deemed essential so we are working, all of us, overhauling and rebuilding
Class I and Class II Accessories for the airlines, both PAX and Cargo. The only way we get shut down is if one of the 21 of us comes down with it, then we
all get 14 days off with pay to stay at home under quarantine. I will watch the Surfers videos again for the 5 time start to finish and work on my old truck with
the garage door down and the A/C on! Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts