Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
did you catch your shirt on fire? You haven't lived until you've had your clothing catch on fire when you Mig weld. I'm tellin' ya....you need to try it.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
i've been there. thought i could get away with tacking a bunch of sheetmetal patches in place without my helmet. no one told me that the arc will still burn the shit out of your eyes even if you're not looking at it. spent 2 days with patches & ointment covering my eyes, worst pain i've ever felt in my life. ugh!! lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
bloke i worked with tig welded ally for a full day one saturday.. major burns, blisters and pain for a few days after..

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
The welding sunburn is nothing, just wait until you burn the shit out of your feet from sparks and shit going in your shoes!! Welding rules, getting burned is just part of the job!!

·
Brewmaster
12,580 Posts
Overhead welding laying on my side in a t-shirt... Nice blob of molten metal hits the ground and sizzles right under my arm pit. I couldn't get up off the ground quick enough lol Left a nice crater in the skin.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i weld everyday on mine resistant trucks and been doing it for 16 years.started at age 15.wait till ya get the burned eyes and the raw neck!i got blood poisoning this year by a fucking cherry from a tack using a high chemical alloy thats used on a new mine truck.looked like i went 12 rounds with tyson with my hands tied cause i had it in my face.when ya skins rips itself open thats when ya know its bad!thanks workman comp!lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tig is way worse than mig/stick, and its always on my left arm sux.
haha me 2... do you use it to support your right when your welding...

I welded a bunch on an h pipe i made today looks like shit but will get the job done...

Hope my arm dosent fall off... Totally forgot about the uv's that mig gives off.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wait until you burn your eyes. That sux. I was just trying to tack some stuff and it didn't work out so well!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that should be added to the ghetto fab thread... lol

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Years ago a guy at work had to TIG weld a large section. It was really hot and he just wore a t shirt
Hours later, he took off his t shirt(white) and his chest was red, except where the lettering was on his shirt
It said "Jamaica No Problem" in white on his chest

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Years ago a guy at work had to TIG weld a large section. It was really hot and he just wore a t shirt
Hours later, he took off his t shirt(white) and his chest was red, except where the lettering was on his shirt
I wish that happened to me i was wearing a social distortion shirt with a pinup girl.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
like in police academy when they wrote DORK on the seargent's chest in sunblock while he was snoozing on the beach? lol!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts