Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a fellow today and he told me he had a set of heads for sale, he said they were Kenny Weld cnc'ed Edelbrock castings. He had bought them used, and was going to use them on a sprint car (410ci) and he never ended up using them. Then he tells me they have T&D rockers, and the Hillborn injection goes with also. These are fairly older heads late 90's early 2000's. What would this setup be worth in good shape? As far as the heads go would they be fine for a 500-600hp sbc build. I really know nothing more about them. I'm just looking for some info I guess? Everything I read about weld-tech seems to be very good just wondering if I should spend my money on something newer?

·
Registered
124 Posts
well I met him at the PRI show in Orlando a few years back ( one of my few claim to fame moments) great knowledgeable guy

he said while these castings were not seen as top line - they had had some great results from the cnc program they had run for these head castings for what was (dont quote me here) still a close to std. 23* style head - and especially when you compare the costs of running other trick valve spacing heads

my buddies have a 430ci that was built with the Weldtech Edelbrock castings - its a beast - it was built in Miami by Mesa Balancing - I think you couldnt go too wrong if it checks good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts