Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Somali arrives in Minneapolis as a new immigrant to the United States. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me in this country, and giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care and free education!" But the passer-by says "You are mistaken, I am Mexican".
The man goes on and encounters another passer-by. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America!" The person says "I no American, I Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful America!" That person puts up his hand and says "I am from Middle East, I am not an American!"

He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you an American?" She says, "No, I am from Russia!" So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the Americans?" The Russian lady looks at her watch, shrugs, and says... "Probably at work!"

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Actually.... let me ask this.

Why is it that our Medical and Engineering work places, are filled with people from other nations? Answer that question and keep out the mumbo jumbo.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Chris, that is a ? ive asked for a long time. :smt013 Here's another,why cant we walk into a party story and undersand a word being spoke to us. :smt013

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Well I'll answer it. It's because we are LAZY in this country. There is a massive shortage of people(kids) interested in entering the medical and engineering fields.... They'd rather play video games.

We in this country are so lazy we can't even put air in our own tires anymore.... nobody does anything for themselves these days.... it's a disease.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
Well I'll answer it. It's because we are LAZY in this country. There is a massive shortage of people(kids) interested in entering the medical and engineering fields.... They'd rather play video games.

We in this country are so lazy we can't even put air in our own tires anymore.... nobody does anything for themselves these days.... it's a disease.
How funny you say that, I have had people drive 15 miles out of their way to the dealership, just to have air put in their tires. I guess stopping at a station and throwing a couple psi in would interfere with getting to the gym or mall!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I'll tell ya what I like doing things myself and it makes me look like an outcast. My wife got in an accident last week. So, I go and get the car myself with my car trailer. Cop thought I was nuts. I get home and start surveying the car and plan to take it to my buddy who owns a body shop. My neighbors just couldn't understand why I didn't let everyone handle it all for me.

I work on my own cars, and change my own oil. Again, all my neighbors can't believe I spend time doing this instead of sitting around on my arse drinking beer and watching the boob tube.... Instead, my neighbors all like to do.....???? I really don't know what they do. Half don't cut their own lawns, and the other half, that is the only work/hobby they have is mowing the law.... and they spread this to their kids.... my sons friends just can't believe I work on my own cars. One said to me recently that it didn't look safe that I was doing that work myself.... I was doing brake pads... this coming from a 14 year old.

My son and I ride dirt bikes occasionally for fun.... his friends can't believe his dad actually DOES something other than sit and watch HIM have the fun....

Folks, we are breeding STUPID LAZY DO NOTHINGS in this country and I'm afraid it's ALL DONE.... Say good bye.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree :( :(

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
there are morons out there that do not know how to put air in there tires. My ex's friend broke her arm putting air in her tire at a gas station. She didnt know how much air to put in and she over inflated the tire and blew the side wall out and it broke her arm. Last I knew she was talking to a lawyer and trying to sue the tire company. too many lazy phucking idiots in this world.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
TurboOutlaw said:
there are morons out there that do not know how to put air in there tires. My ex's friend broke her arm putting air in her tire at a gas station. She didnt know how much air to put in and she over inflated the tire and blew the side wall out and it broke her arm. Last I knew she was talking to a lawyer and trying to sue the tire company. too many lazy phucking idiots in this world.
Wont hold up....Thats why they put a MAX PRESSURE on tire....for stupid people. Well then again look at what happened with the stupid ass coffee woman. Maybe she will get some cash....Man, Chris, you are right. We are breeding our own stupidity.

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
jsj372 said:
Wont hold up....Thats why they put a MAX PRESSURE on tire....for stupid people.
ya thats exactly what I said. What happens to some people? I mean I am young but I am not nearly as stupid as most of the idiots you read about or see on the news now a days. I am embarassed to tell people my age becuase then they automatically think I am a dumbass.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'll have to admit I got lazy last year. I bought an air tank to I wouldn't have to take the car all the way to the hose at the track to refill the tires. I also use it at home so I don't have to uncoil then put back the hose after running it all the way out to the driveway. I now just fill the tank and take it out to adjust pressure in the truck tires.

My neighbors are always surprised at what gets done in my little 2.5 car garage/shop...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I am right in line with you Chris.. I do my own electrical and plumbing work also. I can't believe the people that freak out when i tell them i changed my service from 100 amp to 200 amp, or i just installed a new water heater.... The best one was we bought a new $3500.00 lazy boy sectional. We did not like the way it was set-up so i took my hack saw and removed one of the recliners and installed it on the other side of the 90 degree corner.....People actually called me a liar over that one!!!!

The way i see the problem is the parents give the kids everything they ever want. They never make them work for anything. I was 14 years old when i got my first job. My dad told me if i wanted a car when i turned 16 i better have the money to buy it.... Now a days kids are 18 or 19 and don't even have a license... Mommy drives them around and they don't need it...

I have asked Kids to come down and work in my shop and i'll teach them how to do some basic repairs,,, never any takers. to busy...

Keith

1 - 20 of 20 Posts