Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone, it is a pleasure for us to be able to be a Vendor here on YellowBullet.Com. We've had a lot of referrals come from this forum, so it just made sense to sign up as a vendor. For those who don't know about the items offered on Quik-Latch.Com, we sell quality multi purpose push button fasteners and push button hood pins. The Quik-Latch "minis" have been popular for use on body panels, hoods and decklids, as well as various interior components for automotive applications. If you would like to check out a TV show we appeared on back in 2012 that showcased Quik-Latch Products, you can check out a couple links:

Here:
and also Here:

A big thanks to everyone out there in the YellowBullet community who have posted positive reviews of Quik-Latch Products so far! We would like to show our appreciation to members of this forum by extending an offer for 10% off any items we sell on Quik-Latch.Com. You can go about getting your discount a few different ways:

The first is by visiting the following promo page link: http://www.quik-latch.com/fb-promo.html

Once you visit the link, enter the following password: 2015quiklatch

After you entered the password, you will have access to all parts offered on Quik-Latch.Com at a 10% discounted price

You can make your purchases online via the PayPal 'Add to Cart' buttons on the promo page. Once you click the 'Add To Cart' buttons, a separate PayPal checkout cart window will appear. If it does not appear, make sure to turn off your pop-up blocker while making your selections. Once you are done adding all the items you want, you can checkout securely online via PayPal

The second option is that you can email us at [email protected] with an itemized list of what you want and mention you found us on YellowBullet.Com forums. We can then email you back a PayPal invoice discounted 10%

Lastly, you can give us a call at 254-247-7962 and we can take your order over the phone. Just make sure to mention your association with the Yellow Bullet forum to claim your discount.

Thanks again to everyone on the forum who has ever had a kind word to say about Quik-Latch Products. We look forward to hearing from you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick latch takes care of there business!! They have been helping me with my dragster body latches. Every time I call or email they are on it that day!!

·
Mike
7,328 Posts
I have minis on my tunnel ram air cleaner(added after the pic), and regular latches for the hood, with back hinges. NHRA legal I might add, if it wasn't mentioned. great product.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Great product, I have the mini latches on my hood, I didn't want the usual pin and cotter clip setup, these look smooth and clean. Car has been 153mph with no problems with the hood coming up.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've used the minis for about 5 years now.
Have them on the hood, rear hatch, and the removable roof panel.
Very clean appearance.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
i wanna get some minis for my front bumper

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Just dropped $515, saved me over $50 with the discount code. Thank you!

It's a lot of money for fasteners but I really like the idea of getting the hood off in an emergency without looking for a tool.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Great product, I have the mini latches on my hood, I didn't want the usual pin and cotter clip setup, these look smooth and clean. Car has been 153mph with no problems with the hood coming up.
Well I'm back to say I they let loose on my car this weekend, I know for a fact they were latched, I have 2 on the front and the hood was bolted to the hinge at the cowl. I've ran this car last year like I said above at 153 and 8.83 in the 1/4, this year car has a lot more power. I made my first pass of the year and the car stood up , I got out of it some and then got back in it enough to trip the 60ft beams with the back tires and as soon as the car sat down and I hung high gear the hood came up and tore my car all to shit. I believe that Quick Latch is a good product, I think the twisting of the car is what pulled the latches apart. The button was still flush when I picked the hood back up, meaning that they had to come loose. Not here to down the product but for anyone that may use them in a setup like mine, I wouldn't do it, my roof is so messed up I'm not sure it can be fixed, if I would have had traditional hood pins, this would have never happened.

·
Registered
22 Posts
BeaslyB, First of all, I am glad you are okay and no one got hurt. Really sorry to hear about your car. It may be too late at this point, but if you find yourself in need of a full sized hood pin kit in the future, we'll send you a set free of charge.

We've tried to communicate clearly to our customer base that 2 mini Quik-Latches are not sufficient for use as a primary hood latching system on race cars, but since that message did not reach you, that indicates that this message needs to be more public. Therefore, to anyone considering running only 2 mini Quik-Latches with no factory hood latch, please read the following:

Two mini Quik-Latches are not recommended for use as hood pins if there is no factory hood latch installed. They work well when used as a supplement to an OEM hood latch to prevent hood wobble at higher speeds. Even though each latch is rated to be able to withstand up to 150 pounds of static pull force, the violent forces placed upon them at high speeds combined with factors such as tire shake and wheel stands can be more than just 2 mini latches can withstand (especially when utilized on heavier steel hoods).

Even though the use of 2 mini Quik-Latches have never been advertised as a primary latching system which can replace the center factory hood latch with no backup safety catch, there have been instances of people doing so against our recommendations. This may be due to the fact that some racers utilized only 2 minis on the hood for quite some without incident. After one person successfully did so, then someone else did it, and so on.... Each person who is doing so against our recommendations is also risking having a hood fly up at some point. We've answered many many inquiries if running only 2 minis with no center hood latch is plausible, and that answer has always been no. It is understandable why people want this setup: the minis are cheap & barely noticeable when installed, however this setup comes at the expense of safety.

A good rule of thumb with the minis would be this: don't try to subject the mini Quik-Latches much more than you would attempt to subject a DZUS fastener. Please, if you are running only 2 mini Quik-Latches with no factory hood latch or secondary safety catch, go ahead and upgrade to full size hood pin sets, or go with a pin-on system with 8-10 mini latches. If you look through some of our postings here on YB, you will see the cars that we've posted all have pin on hood systems with 8 or more mini Quik-Latches.

We understand that the Quik-Latch hood pin systems are higher in cost, but if you contact us at [email protected] we can work with you on the cost of conversion. We sincerely want to see everyone stay safe out there.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thumbs up shout out to quik latch. Took me a bit to get front end on and mount latches. Once adjusted they unlock nicely. Also Im using the stock hood latch assembly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts