Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have done.....I put new lifters in the motor this winter. Isky EZX's for Yates C3's. I didn't have any problems with the last set of lifters, Crane Cams, but it was time to put new lifters in so I tried these. Now I have opened up a can of worms. I put the new lifters in primed the engine and the back four cylinders would oil and the front were dry as a bone. Did some research and found that is somewhat a common occurence on SBF's with small base circle cams. I found posts by very reputable racers and engine builders that said to "bevel" the lifter body at the top of the oil band. I did this and was very careful not to go too high on the lifter body and not to remove too much material. Put the lifters in today and primed and all the rockers are oiling great, not too much, and no oil blowing up the lifter bore, which are bushed. Put top half engine together and started and now I have about 30-35 psi oil pressure warm at idle and used to be 55-60 psi and I didn't have any oil pressure issues before and now I am having this issue since the lifter swap. I did relocate remote oil filter, System 1 filter, and had to lengthen the oil lines to accomodate new filter location. Oil lines are about 32-36" long to the passenger side inner frame rail on fox body mustang. I have the SVO 9.5" siamese bore block so oil comes out and in on the driver's side of block. That is really the main differences that I changed this winter that is different from last year and I didn't have any carnage last year to have any other internal problems. I have a Titan wet sump pump with Billet Fab oil pan. Any suggestions where I need to look? Opinions? Similiar happenings to anyone else? Thanks in advance.

Blake Yount

·
Former RJ instigator
41,171 Posts
I cant see the lifters affecting the oil pressure, I'd bet that the longer oil lines and that very free flowing system one oil filter is giving you that pressure drop.

At any rate, I wouldnt sweat it too much, 35psi warm at an idle is more than adequete, but then again, that's just> MO, Cp

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing that I didn't mention is that the lines are -8AN. Also the pressure never increased now and never before when I gave it more throttle. It stayed at 55-60psi and now it has 30-35 psi. If the oil filter is the problem which filter should I get?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not to be asking dumb questions or anything but doesn't that titan pump have an adjuster for the oil pressure ?? maybe turn it up a little and see if it changes ?

I have all jesel bronze lifter bore and keyway lifters with the SVO block ,the only thing i have or had issues with was getting oil to number 1 and 5 ( front 2 ) had the block machined to fix it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts