Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted my setup to 16 injectors and am seeing weird data on the logs

looks like they don't list injector set 1 duty cycle or PW and a separate duty cycle & PW for the staged injectors. Appears that they average them???

Another thing is my total fuel flow values are really low. I run mid 8s @ 3200lb, fuel is E85. My fuel flow is 630lbs/hr at the top of high gear. I cant believe this is accurate

Another thing thats weird is how is holley calculating fuel flow??? at the top of 1st gear my PW says 15.4ms @ 6800rpm (displays 704lb/hr) yet at the top of 2nd gear my PW & RPM are identical but fuel flow is 630lb/hr

This has me scratching my head,

1) if the injector pulse width and rpm are the same then fuel flow should be the same. How can they be 10% different depending on the gear??
2) Theres no way Im only using 630lb/hr of fuel and going that fast on E85. What gives?
3) How can I tell when I get close to max flow of the secondary injectors when I cant rely on the duty cycle thats displayed. I want to switch to methanol soon put need to understand whats going on.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
is the setup data in the ECU accurate concerning total fuel flow for the injectors ?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the setup data in the ECU accurate concerning total fuel flow for the injectors ?
Yes.
36lb/hr primary @ 3bar
160lb/hr secondary @ 3bar

The fuel pressure is adjusted correctly. 43.5 psi with KOEO

If the total fuel flow is actually correct then I may have an engine with an extremely low bsfc.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,912 Posts
Very possible. I have seen cars at the track, same weight, same type of body style, different power adders. The centrifugal blowers eat a TON of power off the crank, while a turbo car is more "fuel efficient". :) Nitrous actually seems the most "fuel efficient" way to make power.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't like they don't have a way to tell you how much each injector is spraying. Also I'm not convinced it actually blends at the duty cycle activation, in our testing we have seen it blend earlier than shows in the datalog at that duty cycle.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't like they don't have a way to tell you how much each injector is spraying. Also I'm not convinced it actually blends at the duty cycle activation, in our testing we have seen it blend earlier than shows in the datalog at that duty cycle.

How so? Hell I can't tell when it starts to blend because it never gets to that high of a duty cycle % on the log. For example. I hve the secondarys come in at 75% duty cycle but the highest duty cycle on the log is 40% yet pulse width is 22ms???

I looked at some logs from last year and my total fuel flow was a lot more then. Yet its the same engine, same weight, same turbos, same fuel, same boost. Ect

Can someone from holley or someone with a lot of experience with Holley's staged injection give us the scoop.

·
Registered
653 Posts
How so? Hell I can't tell when it starts to blend because it never gets to that high of a duty cycle % on the log. For example. I hve the secondarys come in at 75% duty cycle but the highest duty cycle on the log is 40% yet pulse width is 22ms???

I looked at some logs from last year and my total fuel flow was a lot more then. Yet its the same engine, same weight, same turbos, same fuel, same boost. Ect

Can someone from holley or someone with a lot of experience with Holley's staged injection give us the scoop.
I can tell as I have my wired so I can turn off either set of injectors when I want to do so, I know my 14lb pump gas injectors won't support the power it does below the activation duty cycle. We have this done on two different cars, both showed the same.

I wish we had a way to get duty cycle for each injector. I actually turn my pump gas injectors off when boost comes on so it's running only on e98.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell as I have my wired so I can turn off either set of injectors when I want to do so, I know my 14lb pump gas injectors won't support the power it does below the activation duty cycle. We have this done on two different cars, both showed the same.

I wish we had a way to get duty cycle for each injector. I actually turn my pump gas injectors off when boost comes on so it's running only on e98.
I have mine wired the same. I can turn on/off either set of injectors for the exact same reason. Dual fuel.

Its working fine, seemless. But the data is just plain wrong. A correct fuel flow #, pulse width and duty cycle for both set of injectors should be high on the list for things to fix.

I want to switch to methanol for the secondary and have no way to tell if I will be coming close to the limit of the injectors. I will be able to tell when I run out of injector because the (false duty cycle)& pulse width will go up up and away but my afrs will be lean.

I'd rather be proactive about it and not have a surprise.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anybody else have any info on this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts