Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Please talk a little more about that. Please realize that I MUST use a standard valve spaced head. The V2.7 has CSA of 2.7 and the DS 242 is 2.61 and the DS 248 is 2.77. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you. Looking at the manifold piece is a good place to start this portion of the conversation. I have budget that will allow for either the 242 DS and the Super Victor II 2892 intake or
The 248 DS with the Shaft rocker and my current Dart Bowtie intake.
Considering the the budget which option might be best???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What kind of RPM would the engine need to be spun too with either the DS 248 or V2.7AD?

What do you recommend for a header for the 248 and V2.7?

Would I be able to have a 2892 manifold ported at a later date to match either the v2.7 or 248?

Thank you

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would always take the shaft rocker setup for reliability. The only thing to small of manifold will cost you is rpm and hp.So yes you could improve later.I really like to do it all at once because it effects carb signal and how converter works,which is all important to running consistent times.You change manifold incorrectly and you may need diff carb and converter work.I like to see what engine demand is then get head and manifold and carb according. THEN you can pick converter.You skip a step and you can have a mess.

·
FHRITP
49,953 Posts
What kind of RPM would the engine need to be spun too with either the DS 248 or V2.7AD?
shoot Jones racing cams a spec sheet and see what he says about 72-7600 with that head. He cut me a real nice cam for a 400” and chads 2.70’s that ran slightly higher. 75-8000

21 - 33 of 33 Posts