Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at moving the motor forward in my TS car so I can take lead off the nose. I weighed it as is and have a total of 2030lbs. Moves it ahead 1" and got 2045lbs,then moved it another 1"(total of 2") and got a total of 2060lbs. How does the total change without adding anything? When I put it back to stock location the scales repeat. I was hoping for weight to move forward which it has. Not much,2" only added 10-12 lbs on the front. Any insight? Are my scales fucked? Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have no dog in this but, why move the engine (weight) around, just to get rid of ballast? If the car hooks well, seems to be the time, to find another hobby.
Does it have a lot of engine setback now? I’m hoping to learn something here!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no dog in this but, why move the engine (weight) around, just to get rid of ballast? If the car hooks well, seems to be the time, to find another hobby.
The car needs the weight on the nose to work. It's a tube chassis car set up for a screw blown hemi and now I run a BBC on spray.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Completely backwards from my thought process. Making changes and going faster are the fun part of racing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Check that the scales are level and don't rock around. Maybe borrow some. Probably didn't move much because you have an aluminum block. Replicate your front motor plate out of steel with no lightning holes. Might help you out some. Good luck, race safe.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
The total shouldn't have changed. :unsure: Do you roll the car off, zero the scales and roll it back on? Has to be the same spot on the scales too.

Also keep in mind you are moving the CG when you are doing this.

How much weight ballast are you looking to lose up front?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never moved the car on the scales. Lifted the motor and slid it forward. I have 48lbs of lead bolted on the nose. As said earlier it was a screw blower car and the motor is to far back for TS nitrous car. Car works killer now, very consistent and goes rounds. Just a racer that wants to lose weight. Bullhorns are also in the future plan.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well it looks like if you want to remove weight...you just need to move it BACK 2 or 3 inches, you gained 30 by moving it ahead. Just kidding! As you are thinking, it cant "add" weight, but with reading your post, it leads me to question more. When you said it only added 10-12 pounds by moving it ahead, that means the back showed adding the other 20 (twice what it showed added top the front)? THAT would convince me even more that something is wonky. If it added 30 pounds & it was all on the front, Id question it. Adding more to the back as you moving ahead just HAS to be wrong. Lorne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts