Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
removed a bunch of stuff wondering if anyone else has any opinions on things.
so far heres a list of the things i did remove
from bumper support.
complete heat exchanger and blower setup. ( went turbo )
k member
cruise control
seats
rear bumper
irs replaced with 8.8
stock hood with a superlight cowl
tank
most of the emission stuff

i plan to replace the brakes and rack with strange brakes and a manual rack soon

whats some other thigns you guys do to these things for weight.

also what are you guy's guesses on the weight with a modualr 4v motor
thanks

·
Platinum Member
10,170 Posts
manual windows. also my camaro had reinforcing tubes length wise in the doors. I didnt think they were so heavy until i cut them out.

just strip your interior section by section and put it back together with only necessary parts. you can drop a decent amt of weight.

also u can do some front end work on top of the chassis/suspension/brake upgrades.... let me find some pics

Plenty of room for the turbo set up (No longer n2o on it)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard the shaker radio is like 60 pounds with all the components.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it is a track only car remove and replace sir bags with blanks. The right hand bag is fairly heavy. Holcomb Motorsports sold blanks in the past. If you are not carving corners ditch the 13 inch front brakes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
air bags, door bars, rear seat delete, ac delete, heater core delete, radio and all speakers/amp rack, sound deadener, carpet insulation, rear bumper support, race seats,

·
Registered
81 Posts
If not going to be street driven, remove as much of the wiring harness as you can. That stuff gets to be pretty heavy. Hell, the last body harness we had to replace at the dealership weighed about 80 pounds.

BTW, what are you doing with the seats?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts