Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm a big fan of Billy's and I understand the XTF rules are basically run what ya brung. Me and a guy had a discussion about the weight of Pro Stock cars I beleive you can't get a fully dressed P/S car lighter than 2000 lbs, he beleieves you can get one to 1850. Does anyone know how light Billy is or how light you can get a P/S with the ballast out of it.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I dont think the torque monster 800's are able to use near all of what they have where. Plus Glidden probably has a number or two on anyone when it comes to chassis tune...

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Maybe the Scion but I doubt any other cars are. Thats the reason his 404 is keeping up with the 800 Fultons and such. Everyone in XTF has chromoly chassis cars so why wouldnt Billy's be lighter? Do you really think his 404 is making 800 Fulton power?
Really, they are all chromoly? No way!

Billy has said several times on this site how much his car weighs.

Hes also stated the power his engines make.

Figure it out, put 2 and 2 together. It is not rocket science.

·
Complete Smartass
6,190 Posts
Maybe the Scion but I doubt any other cars are. Thats the reason his 404 is keeping up with the 800 Fultons and such. Everyone in XTF has chromoly chassis cars so why wouldnt Billy's be lighter? Do you really think his 404 is making 800 Fulton power?
.............I thought the only thing you should worry about in this class is tire size and the win light .Of course his motor isnt making that kind of power but he is way better at using what he has .

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,964 Posts
I seriously doubt the Scion is lighter than Billy's car. It's light for sure, but its a few years old so it doesn't have all the weight saving tricks a modern pro stocker does.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Pro Stock cars must weigh at least 2350 pounds, including the driver

So how much weight can he through out?
I think NHRA max ballest weight is 250lbs

Plus ADRL has no min. weight
can you tell us please :cool: pretty please.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Here is the point.

It doesnt matter if his car weighs 500 lbs or 3000lbs. There is no minimum weight.

Any other competitor in XTF could put their engine in billys GTO and i guarantee that they will not be able to duplicate what he does.

Do you idiots even comprehend .983 60ft times?

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
2160 keeps coming to mind for some reason. But that may be what someones car weighed in T/S (with driver but the car was an old pro stock car.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i have an idea if everyone thinks his car is so light and he has such an advantage why doesnt everyone else go build small block cars right ....... do the rules state he can be the only small block car in the class ...noooooooo...cant just give a guy credit for being good what every happened to good sportsmanship....

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Here is the point.

It doesnt matter if his car weighs 500 lbs or 3000lbs. There is no minimum weight.

Any other competitor in XTF could put their engine in billys GTO and i guarantee that they will not be able to duplicate what he does.

Do you idiots even comprehend .983 60ft times?
NO ARGUMENT HERE! :cool:

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
i have an idea if everyone thinks his car is so light and he has such an advantage why doesnt everyone else go build small block cars right ....... do the rules state he can be the only small block car in the class ...noooooooo...cant just give a guy credit for being good what every happened to good sportsmanship....
On top of that, you can go buy used pro stock rollers for 50-60K. Much cheaper than building anything else.

Heck, you can go get Jason Lines championship winning car for 65K right now rolling. Its on RJs site.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts