Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Was there last night as well. That thing was insane!

I was running my slow-ass torino with the street cars.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It was my brother's car. Has sat the last 19 years. My first pass was a 14.9 with a plug wire off lol..next pass was a 13.9 which was much better, but it was cool running against that Super Bee on that pass. 2 big old boats truck'n down the track.

My buddy had the 67 mustang stick running with the slick cars. Squeezed a 10 out of it last night.

·
Registered
33,084 Posts
Awesome!

·
Aviation Section
25,362 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! I did not see Dom, would have been nice to see him make a pass. Dave

·
A Senior Member
3,196 Posts
At the end of the warm up you can see that the hand and foot brake are tied together. I think that is what I am seeing. LOL

Anyways is this common? It seems to be a good idea.

Thanks
Tom

·
AMP Racing member
3,473 Posts
Very cool sir!! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Is there a relay now integrated into the modern day systems (I'm old school) that allows the starter button to be activated but the ignition path is delayed a second or two? On a carbureted gas engine, obviously there's no problem starting it with the ignition hot, but I never did that with a blown combination. Always spun it then hit the switch which i didn't see in that warm up vid.

·
Registered
17,534 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! I did not see Dom, would have been nice to see him make a pass. Dave
I can count the times on one hand that I T&T my car. My combo does not change so there no need for me to make laps. The last time I was at a T&T with my junk was when I let a friend make a few passed with it. The time before that , I had a miss on the top of first gear that I needed to know if I got it fixed, so I made 2 passes and all was good. When you have a slow bracket beater and no $$ to make changes there is not much of a reason to T&T, I save it for race day. So I assume this Dom guy feels the same way:)

·
A Senior Member
3,196 Posts

·
Aviation Section
25,362 Posts
Is there a relay now integrated into the modern day systems (I'm old school) that allows the starter button to be activated but the ignition path is delayed a second or two? On a carbureted gas engine, obviously there's no problem starting it with the ignition hot, but I never did that with a blown combination. Always spun it then hit the switch which i didn't see in that warm up vid.
It is not as near complicated as that, on my D/SA stocker it was 14:1 and I had a separate starter button and I would get it spinning and then turn on the MSD, made the starter and flexplate live a long life! Dave

1 - 20 of 39 Posts