Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know about nothing about Weatherby's.

Looking at a mark V 30 06 that is in really nice condition with, exceptionally figured wood.

The rifle was made in Japan which is throwing me off a bit....

Owner is asking $1,200 BO

Thought's anyone??

Jim

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
They can be expensive. I got a 30/06 for $650 with a nice stock and almost nothing down the barrel, pulled it all apart to make a custom rifle.

I picked mine up off armslist.

Fyi, many don’t shoot for shit. 1.5” groups are regular until you swap the barrel. To me, buy a nice tikka or sako(practically the same) and get a way better rifle.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I have a couple.

A German MKV Deluxe in .270 Weatherby and a Japanese MKV Deluxe in .300 Weatherby as well as a Japanese Vanguard in .223 Remington. The MKV was the high performance rifle of the 50's-80s..... I paid $1000 for one my MKVs and $1200 for the other..... bought them both over 20yrs ago..... That's just generally what the Deluxe models bring in nice condition and it's been the price for as long as I can remember. The composite stocked models can be a little less..... There is usually a premium associated with the West German built Weatherby rifles but honestly it's just uninformed bias for the most part.... My Japan 300 is just as nice in every way as the German 270 despite them being made in different countries and over 10yrs apart. I've examined a few of the newer US built ones and it's the same thing.... Weatherby has always been big on QG.

Both of my MKVs are good shooters. Capable of under an inch with factory ammo.
Will

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
WOW thats some serious figure.....

Congrats. Get yourself a nice Leupold to go on it and mow down some Deer and Piggies.
ill

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Two Weatherby Mark V's in my gun safe. Both with custom barrels. First one is a Howard Wolfe built gun. Bet no one knows who that is. Second built by me. Shoot flat as a laser and under .5 MOA groups. Best mountain rifle I've ever encountered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts