Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the easiest/simplest weather station/et predictor that everyone is using .I run a n/a deal in a semi quick bracket class.

·
T/S 368E
33,818 Posts
Re: wearher stations

altronics performaire is very good

That's what I've been using for years.
Works great and plenty of channels for all 3 cars and other combination's I use.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Family software is the niceest set-up and u can do a beeper set-up that will page u predictions every minute!!!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
harry did u have that a shakedown lol
jbova

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hey--how ya been?

Yeah didnt help me much there--i needed to read that timeslip a little better from the first hit--weather station was correct--remember bad info IN bad info OUT!!!

I have had that set-up for years--all sensors stay at trailer-- weather console link goes to a laptop and then pages you every minute ( or whatever u set for interval) and gives you current weather and much more info.

When u get in the lanes and the weather starts during a oil down moving he comes in very handy.

I am a dealer for them so if u have any questions give me a hollar.

Thanks

·
T/S 368E
33,818 Posts

Good thing I didn't buy a TAG!!

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
To everyone who has posted. Are you running gasoline or alcohol? I feel that most if not all of the major weather station companies due a good job at predicting gasoline performance but their alcohol prediction could be improved upon.

Thoughts??
For predictions, Crewchief software Is the absolute best.... no.matter the fuel....Crewchiefpro.com. Don Virgins, awesome support and tech... he sells all the big 3 units.... and he is a racer....

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Don Higgins
Oops, my apologies to Don.... dam Droid didn't recognize his name.... thank you....

Stl PHUCKING funny....

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
It's the 4250, it's actually more red than orange :) It's here: http://www.nkhome.com/kestrel/kestrel-4250/

I have one, got it off Amazon. Good weather unit. Does not do predictions (e.g. dial / stop), but does DA, and if you can do math, you can probably get a shot at it from there...

But I use a setup from Bob Kodadek at iFamilySoftware.com and I like it.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
We use the Kestrel 4250. I've had it for two seasons and it's still on the original set of batteries. It actually logs 24 hours a day.
These guys sell it http://www.ambientweather.com/ke42rawetrce.html

I got the Pelican hard case and the small tripod options as well as a data interface so you can download the info to your computer if you want. The Kestral unit is a nice piece of equipment for the price. I know the Military uses them as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts