Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you guys have raced and / or tuned nitrous cars in Vegas ..... what are the average weather conditions ?? We run in central TX .. hot..humid ect... I know its not that hot in vegas in nov. , but what are the water grains ... D.A. and humidity like in Nov. ?? I guess what im trying to ask is what changes should we expect to make to the tune ..what do you look out for when running in the high desert compared to the south ...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Steve -------- I'll pull a little extra timing -- new plugs and read em' --- Is bottle pressure used more of a launch tuning aid than say a tool or way to alter rich or lean condition ?

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
The biggest difference is it will be very dry. Did I say VERY DRY. :p
^^^ What he said! Track is 2,200 elevation with DA's when we've been there in the 2,800 to 4,500 range with humidity in the 30's down to teens and very low water grains. It's a place that's tough on parts unless you adjust accordingly to put it mildly.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
thanks Steve -------- I'll pull a little extra timing -- new plugs and read em' --- Is bottle pressure used more of a launch tuning aid than say a tool or way to alter rich or lean condition ?
Depending on pressure used, lower the pressure in some cases will soften things up a bit as well as in some tunes will show richer as well. SJ

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys .... Im all Ears ....;)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
This weekend a average at NHRA event was da 4000', 85°, 15%, aa 2800, 30 grains of water.

Castellan a was pitted beside us gutted 3 engines. Laurita tore up several. Looked like Rahaim might have done the same. Be careful and don't run it out the back on the first run. More fuel. Low timing. The crazy giant pill spread tunes most of the guys on here talk about will get you in huge trouble in Vegas.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
This weekend a average at NHRA event was da 4000', 85°, 15%, aa 2800, 30 grains of water.

Castellan a was pitted beside us gutted 3 engines. Laurita tore up several. Looked like Rahaim might have done the same. Be careful and don't run it out the back on the first run. More fuel. Low timing. The crazy giant pill spread tunes most of the guys on here talk about will get you in huge trouble in Vegas.
I thought water injection was around for this very weather senerio?

Billy, Do you guys use it on stevies car? Or for that matter, kyle's car ?

Jay

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Fuel .... Less Timing ... got it , I feel like my Jet spread is on conservative side ?? 1st kit 32 / 28 ---- 2nd 36 / 28 pulling 25 degrees off of 32 total = 7 degrees downtrack -- with 5 3/4 PSI 632 ci conv. heads

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ouch. Mike is a great guy. I always like to see him do well.
Yea Ok ... mikes a great guy ... SO AM I ... LoL Billy did ya' see my Game plan / Tune ?? give me a little Input ...;) I feel like that's a very basic / safe tune..... I know nobody wants to give up secrets and all, but is 7 degrees total sound OK / Safe that nitrous level for your typical BBC nitrous motor ..its a conv. headed hans fuestel 632....any help Is really appreciated

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not really , Im Danny from Bastrop, I know all the guys out of Austin, dinkel , gumby, randy the punisher gang / know Pipeline Jason , .... we're just havin' fun , I have always wanted to take a car out to Vegas scsn & it fell into place this year, so... off we go. Im just gun shy cause my last nitrous effort was a small block & I was stubborn.. had a fuel regulator issue that I chased and wouldnt' listen --ended up going through a lot of pistons-heads- ect... kind of down on confidence & just trying to get second opinions and not make really simple ..stupid mistakes... so Thanks ,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts