Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My shift-noid won't make the 1-2 shift (PG). Tries to extend but can't push the shifter (Hurst Quarter Stick). Seems to move easy enough by hand. Any suggestions one figuring if the shifter is too hard to move or if the shiftnoid is just weak? I ran a jumper from 12-v source directly - it tries. The jumper gets hot, it's pulling a lot of current. I gan hold the plunger back pretty easy with just a finger and thumb as well.
Wait. Don't you mean the solenoid won't smack the shifter hard enough to shift gears?

The solenoid holds the shifter BACK. Cutting the 12V power just turns the electro magnet off, and lets the spring mechanism smack the shifter.

If so, either your spring is ruined and too weak, or you're trying to smack the shifter too low down and need to aim the solenoid ram higher up on the stick.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Some use the spring and the solenoid holds it back and some use the energized solenoid the extend and push (or pull) the shifter.
So what's the OP have? I thought he was desrcibing the version where the solenoid holds it back and the spring smacks it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.