Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
How do you "view first unread" like in the old forum?, can only see a button for "latest post" In the old forum you clicked the button next to the thread title and it took you too the first unread post :(
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How do I get rid of the big (not sure what you would call these things) signs for "share" and "report" and "bookmark" and the big quotation mark as well? This stuff is blocking me from reading any post that has been made. This layout is so bad. I have seen other car boards use this and they die quickly. If something isn't broke don't fix. The old layout was easier to read. I can understand upgrading ways to post pictures, but this, this is terrible.
Can you try another browser such as Chrome or Firefox as this site is optimized for modern browser.

Internet Explorer is set to end support next month and will be sunsetting.
*Internet Explorer (IE) 10 will reach end of support on January 31, 2020.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Same question.

Also, a few other concerns.

When I used the old forum my first letter would be a capital automatically, I need to make it a capital here, which is a small issue, but an issue nonetheless.

I cannot seem to get a full screen shot, and always have the stupid bar on the right taking up a bunch of space needlessly.

I cannot seem to find my pm’s either.

Honestly, there are other issues as well, but I haven’t been here much since the change, I really hope I can get this thing working or I may have to spend time with my family!

So far this sucks. Sad because it used to be pretty great.
You can use the "Shift" key to capitalize.

Conversations
  • Private Messages (PM) are now Conversations
  • Conversations are personal (not public) messages that you can start and receive with other members of the community.
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

Jeff M

·
Registered
5 Posts
AG Jeff, it works in Firefox. I thought I posted that I had gotten it to work in Firefox. I have not tried chrome. I like using IE. I guess I can switch back and forth. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
AG Jeff, it works in Firefox. I thought I posted that I had gotten it to work in Firefox. I have not tried chrome. I like using IE. I guess I can switch back and forth. Thanks.
10-4,

Note in 2020 IE will be ending a lot of their support so I suggest moving to FireFox or Chrome if possible.

Jeff M

·
Registered
101 Posts
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Jeff M
Thanks for that, I noticed that the second time I logged onto the new site. The first time on the new site it just took me to the first page of every thread (title) I clicked on. I could be wrong but it appears you have to have previously looked at that thread (on the new site) for the first unread post feature to work?

·
Administrator
547 Posts
Thanks for that, I noticed that the second time I logged onto the new site. The first time on the new site it just took me to the first page of every thread (title) I clicked on. I could be wrong but it appears you have to have previously looked at that thread (on the new site) for the first unread post feature to work?
It can take a few days to catch up to us.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10 Posts
My replies and discussions will not show any results when clicked, it does show a number for each one. I have very few but can't open any of them?

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
You can use the "Shift" key to capitalize.

Conversations
  • Private Messages (PM) are now Conversations
  • Conversations are personal (not public) messages that you can start and receive with other members of the community.
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

Jeff M
Shift key eh? Never heard of that, thanks🙏

·
Administrator
547 Posts
My replies and discussions will not show any results when clicked, it does show a number for each one. I have very few but can't open any of them?
It may take a bit to catch up while the site indexed.

In the meantime have you looked for them using the following page?

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

41 - 58 of 58 Posts