Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone running for a water pump on there air to water intercoolers? How much flow do you need to have I have heard 25gpm for a 2400hp cooler is this about right?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Total system wise the rule of thumb is you should be able to cycle all of your water in the tank one time for the duration of your run. The GPM should be measured with the intercooler in the system and not the free flowing / as advertised number. To that effect we've been running the large 55 GPM Meziere remote mount pumps on some of our intercoolers. The newest intercooler from Precision has a very dense core on the water side. They also need more water flow to get the same amount of cooling out of it. Typically the manufacturer of the core can give you a good idea as to what they need to flow as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a precision pt2400, I called them and they told me to go with a pump that only moves around 18gpm I was thinking that I needed a little bit more that though. Has anyone ever heard of running a deck washing pump for boats? They are prettey inexpensive and they can flow some water 3800gph. Money is getting tight but I dont want something that is going to hurt performance or be unreliable.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts