Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what do I need to fab my tranny cooler inside my water cell? Do they use alum hose and what type bulk head fittings? I saw this and think it cool and must work well in the ICE!

·
Registered
811 Posts
You can take a small intercooler core and make one or you can sink something like a B&M cooler into a box. We make them out of intercooler cores and they work great. Simply run water in one direction and tranny fluid through one half of the core, then send it back through the other half (2 pass cooler).

I've seen others that sink a regular cooler into a aluminum box and they work well too. I have not seen one actually in the water tank itself. The primary reason is that it's a constant heat sink when you go to stuff more ice into the box.

We run one on one of our cars and it works awesome to keep the trans temp down while on the brake under boost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cooler

I've got a 3 door S-10 with a single 106.I ran 3/8 aluminum line to
the water tank and coiled 10 ft of it in the tank using bulkheads with
aluminum washers.It works great as long as you have plenty of ice in the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well,I was just hangin out,but the police finely made me put it away :shock: :-D
Really I've been workin on a few cars and an air boat with twins down at
FAST CHASSIS

·
Registered
166 Posts
the easy thing to do is call auto cycle marine and get a cooler they have one that you can mount out side of your water cell that will run off of your water return from your intercooler and then it will not heat your water cell as much when you put it in the cell you melt your ice faster and you don't want that. the # is 248-280-1171

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Pande:

My finger's resting on the phone, ready to make a call to the bearing people. Only trouble is I don't know what brand you're looking to get (our conversation yesterday PM).

Do you still need these?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts