Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may be a dumb question, but has anyone ever put a wastegate on the charge pipe? My thoughts were to pulley the blower to max speed with a 2.95 upper with my 6.87 lower and then just set the wastegate to 11psi... From swapping pulleys previously I know that the 3.33 makes 11psi @6000, 3.12 14psi @6000, so a 2.95 should make 16+ and 11psi at about 4200. I could theoretically make more boost lower in the RPM range without the worry of turning my stock block into scrap metal...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Typical Foxbody kit with an intercooler

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Job Spetter was doing this years ago and had great success, on a intercooled centrifugal setup he put the wastegate right at the discharge side of the intercooler.
thats what i was thinking, you would need to refabricate the peice with vbands and hard bends, and put it at the first bend.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
It can be very hard on the compressor wheel depending on how much pressure it dumps at what rpm.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Rpm kills stock blocks , boost kills rotators and head gaskets.
Put the 3.12 on , step up a ratio in the 8.8 and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I ran a T-Trim with cogs 73 bottom 32 top on my 92 lx when the car was new. Made 20psi with performer heads, I controlled the power level with low timing and good fuel for the track. Just drove the car easy on the street. Car ran 10.00 at 132 with a c-4 back in 96. Stock original block I sold later running.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
I ran a T-Trim with cogs 73 bottom 32 top on my 92 lx when the car was new. Made 20psi with performer heads, I controlled the power level with low timing and good fuel for the track. Just drove the car easy on the street. Car ran 10.00 at 132 with a c-4 back in 96. Stock original block I sold later running.
Cool sounding car.

Did you consider Vic Jr. heads?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yes when I upgraded the block we replaced the heads with jr's and added the XX Trim with a glide. Still have the car now but has an 88mm Garret with 20,000 original miles.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It can be very hard on the compressor wheel depending on how much pressure it dumps at what rpm.
I watched a video with a guy from Procharger saying the exact same thing... Guess I'll just not worry with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts