Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if you guys can tell from just the photo and brief description below, if the angle an placement of my wastegate is okay. Location pretty much has to be right in this location but the angle/priority is what I am most curious about. Setup is a 67 Chevrolet 6.0 LQ4 S480, hooker turbo manifold with a single 3” hot side. Gate is a precision pw66. Let me know if you need more info.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
That will work just fine.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
What they ^^^^^^^^^^^^said.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Works for me, but I’d probably try and move it one way or another and completely f&@k the nice cope you’ve going there. I’m great at kickin my own ass. Nice work btw, good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just went through this issue on my dads car…. Gate was basically in the same place and had some creep in the upper rpms….. we added another gate in the cross over under the trans and fixed the issue…. Guessing with that big of a gate you will be fine plus your priority is a little better than ours

·
Registered
154 Posts
That looks great. Just to add, usually I don't like their products (from a value standpoint, quality seems great though) but motion raceworks sells a waste gate merge that is pretty clever. It basically flares the end of the tube so that you can use a nice overlap butt weld instead of a fillet when joining to the hot side pipe. Could actually be perfect here. You pick the diameter.

·
Registered
18,924 Posts
When you weld it use a doubler plate to spread the load and use silicon bronze for welding. Here is a picture of mine done last year. The old wastegate nozzle lasted 13 years and was only replaced because I changed that section for new v-band turbos.

Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
What size turbo, and what size is the down pipe? Single WG?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts