Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the ole T-Netic Racegates to some new JGS 50mm units (Thanks Dan!), and also going to change the positioning of the gate on the Driver bank, and just looking for some opinions on the best course to go with. 406SBC 106mm Turbo. Looking for the best of both worlds, choke it down to 10-12psi if I want to, and get as much horsepower out of it I can when needed.

Took some pictures for illustration.

Original Positioning, coming straight up 90 off the X-Over

Coming off the tube at the same place but using a 45 to go moreso with exhaust flow. Tube will be cut down and be closer to X-Over, but you get the idea. ;)

Straight shot from the header to the wastegate, but possibly a restriction to the rest of the system and flow to the Turbo (Might effect spoolup?)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would do the first one because I don't like having turbulence in the outer radius of a bend. In the end it probably doesn't matter a whole lot but why spend so much money on mandrel bends and merge collectors when you're going to ruin the smooth transitions with a huge turbulence.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would do the first one because I don't like having turbulence in the outer radius of a bend. In the end it probably doesn't matter a whole lot but why spend so much money on mandrel bends and merge collectors when you're going to ruin the smooth transitions with a huge turbulence.
I agree! I would choose the first as long as you have enough gate to modulate boost down to your lowest desired level.

Justin

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like we're split 50/50 LOL. I'm personally leaning towards Plan A, as I would prefer to not effect spool up in any way, and as rodrigues said, it may possibly interfere with the radius which is diretly where the exhaust will first hit. Been having a hrad time controlling it, but I think between ditching the crusty old gates, and the non-ideal mount it had, I can only be increasing my control... 2 50s should be plenty I hope....

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The first setup will work fine.Just make sure you get a AMS1000 boost controller to run the gates and you will have total control and it will be easy to setup.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
the last one is def the best for control-that flow disruption isnt going to affect anything-like said before gates always get priority

1 - 11 of 11 Posts