Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have experience with one in their shop?

If so what were the good / bad with each?

What were the specific Make and Model # ?

Where did you purchase it and at what cost?

Was it automatic starting or did it require constant attention?

What BTU rating did you have and did it work well in cold climates (Ohio/Mich/etc...)?

Thanks for your help,
Dale

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dale,
My cousin bought one for his shop when they first came out, probably 15-20 yrs ago. What a pain in the ASS.
The township where I live bought one about 5 yrs ago and it seems to work great. I guess the technology came a long way from that first one.
I know they use a good bit of oil. They get theirs from Brians shop and the Marinas. Plus what people that know they have it drop off.

·
Registered
258 Posts
my shop has a black gold model (yr 1992), now energy logic. cost about $200.00 a month in the winter to run. they are worth the money. they all need a lot of maintance. mine burns 1.6 gallons a hr. not sure which 1 is the best on the market now. i think the c-chamber on the b.g. is not very efficent. the newer 1's have a lot better c-chambers.(clean burn has a good c-chamber) when i buy a new one the #1 thing i will be looking for is how quite they are. because they are noisy. the salesguy said the new ones are quite. not sure how true it is. before you buy. SEE 1 RUN. then choose.

·
Registered
702 Posts
We have a Clean Burn CB1750 waste oil furnace in the lower shop. It runs around the clock here in the winter as long as it has a constant air supply. We ran a dedicated line from the compressor and close off the rest of the system a night. It is mounted to the ceiling and the tank is outside. It only has a problem loosing its prime when we put straight diesel in it. It seems to stay primed better with thicker oil. Ours is three years old and has only required routine cleanings. It's definitely a lot better than the earlier waste oil furnaces that I've seen 10-15 yrs ago.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
We have a Lanair HI280 in our 40X80 shop and it does a good job keeping it heated.The one thing though is they all go through ALOT of oil.

Ours is fairly quiet and has only needed routine cleanings and one new nozzle for the burner.

Lanair gives some incredible discounts in the summer,we got ours for half off normal price.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
a couple of my customers have them.....they all said the same thing....if you own one...you'd better learn how to work on them....one of my dump truck customer had one in his 40x80....middle of winter , and you could walk around in a t shirt.... brandon

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put a Reznor in my shop last year. Aproxamit size of garage and office is, 50' x 30' . It has its own built in airpump, so you don't have to run an air line from your compressor to it. It uses 1 gallon per hour. I used a little over 900 gallons last winter. I cleaned it once, part way thru last season. Getting ready to clean it soon for the upcoming winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
had a clean burn in my shop for 8yrs,ran it around the clock and only did normal cleaning of unit paid for it's self in 2yrs.picked clean burn after much research.sold my bussiness and unitwent to another shop and still works great

1 - 11 of 11 Posts