Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to have a bend in the pipe that feeds the waste gate? I dont have quite as much room as I thought (i.e. I should have did more mock up before completed the hot side...)

The waste gate will not fit close to the hot side piping where it needs to be fed from to get the best flow. How big of a deal would it be if there was a bend in the pipe?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Far less critical than the exit location of the pipe feeding the turbo. As long as the exhaust enters the pipe to the wastegate its going to exit accordingly.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal, thanks. Hopefully I can get the BOV and WG mounted up tonight and finish buttoning up this project.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
You want the airflow to go towards the wastegate. So if possible the best location is to make it as if its a straight pipe to the wastegate(put it at the "beginning" of the turn) and have the rest of the flow follow the bend. I'll try to find a picture to better describe.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Nothing wrong with it at all. Just make sure the entrance has good priority...

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Entrance has priority. Right after the merge on the outside bend of the pipe just like the pic 89notch posted. Just its going to be really tight between the alt bracket, turbo, and fan shroud in the front.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, are those valve covers Carbon Fibre ?

If yes, where or who are they from
from the horses mouth "BILL LUTZ"

I didn't like the way the magnesium turns colors over time so I had Jeff Chandler from CRC hydrographics dip them for me and they look so much like real carbon it's not even funny. :finga:http://crc2.net/?page_id=2059

1 - 9 of 9 Posts