Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two guys ring my doorbell a couple times at 1:30am. I Get up get dressed cock my gun and go to the front door. They give me some lame story about being lost on the river. I live in the middle of nowhere, no other houses around. The river is about a 10 minute walk. It didn't feel right, I told them to keep walking.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
i woulda shot them in the head,then dumped there bodies in the river for gator bait,....they probably were gonna burgularize your house!:-D

·
Moderater
13,467 Posts
You should have sat on the couch and waited for them to kick in the door. Then you would have known they were not coming back...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do sleep with my gun by my side, and I went outside on the front porch for about 1 hour and waited for them to come back.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I think you acted right.

I probably wouldnt have opened the door, especially since you live in BFE.

Id have waited to see if they tried to get in then shot them dead.

·
Moderater
13,467 Posts
A couple of shots in the air about 2 minutes later would have made a good impression.

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
pretty foolish to let them roam if you're that paranoid.

Lost..tell them to have a seat..a beverage and call the Po-Po.

If there are on your property most states would give you the right to detain them until authorties arrive...and these lost strangers would have a free ride home....instead of possibly doubling-back.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You can never be to careful anymore. I see your in Fl, well on the news all you see is break ins and murders. I say you did the right thing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you acted right.

I probably wouldnt have opened the door, especially since you live in BFE.

Id have waited to see if they tried to get in then shot them dead.

Yeah I wasn't quite awake. My wife told me opening the door was stupid. But I was thinking if they rush the door they have to fight with my dog first, and that will give me time to aim properly. Hollow points from a 40 cal to the chest would hurt.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I don't why you wouldn't have called the police. If they really were lost and you are the only house in the area the police who have helped them out if not they wouldn't have stuck around.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pretty foolish to let them roam if you're that paranoid.

Lost..tell them to have a seat..a beverage and call the Po-Po.

If there are on your property most states would give you the right to detain them until authorties arrive...and these lost strangers would have a free ride home....instead of possibly doubling-back.
Yep should have called the cops. I have no tresspassing signs all over my property.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I think you did it right in this day and age but 20 years ago I went Skiing with 2 other guys and lost a motor in my Suburban. A friend was driving and the motor was running hot and threw a rod. We broke down right by a prison in up State NY near Vermont. A guy puller over and offered to help once he dropped off his wife. The guy put up 3 guys in their 20's the wife cooked us breakfast the next morning. We had to rent a car and the guy handed us the keys to his pickup so we could get a rental car, the truck wasn't new but I couldn't believe the guy would just hand over the keys. he wouldn't take a dime and let me keep my car there for 2 weeks till I could pick it up. That was a different time then. Howard

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe its my canadianess but you seem extremely parnoid I think you could have offered to help them out without putting yourself in any danger.

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Maybe its my canadianess but you seem extremely parnoid I think you could have offered to help them out without putting yourself in any danger.
It's your Canadianess.....no way in the world would I have helped them, no way no how. Even then most trustworthy looking people can phuck you over in a heartbeat.

·
John's X275 fan
1,657 Posts
You never know dude, but they get the hint if they saw the gun...:smt070:smt070:smt070:supz:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts