Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
injured this weekend at the Texas Mile where Bill had a recorded time of 236 mph. This is a brand new track for the Texas Mile at an airstrip known as Beeville, and was the first time they are running there.
Unfortunately, at the end of the shutdown, the concrete changes to blacktop. Bill was still under hard braking there and went down. There were also some high winds that may have contributed to the spill.
He is in ICU at a hospital in Texas, with four broken ribs, a collapsed lung, a lacerated liver, abrasions to his left knee and left foot, some broken bones in his left hand that will require surgery, and a possible damaged tendon on the left foot that may require surgery as well.
He should be out of ICU soon, and released from the hospital in a few days.
He is expected to make a full recovery, but is in a lot of pain, and could use a few prayers from everyone.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lets heal up bill and head back to the salt!! bonneville is the home for LSR... hope your feeling better soon.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Any updates on his condition? I had heard about it, but haven't heard since. Sounds like he has some complicated injuries, hopefully none of them become life threatening!

Get well soon Bill, wishing the best for you!

·
Smoked another CTD
3,951 Posts
It was not good! I wish Bill a quick recovery. He was calling his crew for track updates so he must not have been feeling to bad.

I don't like the Beeville track. It is longer but not nearly as smooth or consistent as Goliad. Another issue was surface was breaking up. The debris kicked from our the front tires pretty much trashed the kickouts on our body in one pass.

I loved Goliad. It very nice and very rural. I am not sure but I don't think we will go back to Beeville.

I will say The Texas Mile crew did great job. Event was very well run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts