Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18 YEARS ago Pro Mod door car racing struck the Northeast and life has been great since then!:p the time has come for the northeast to host one of the biggest Pro mod shows ever! the fans in the northeast region have waited toooo long for a national event type promod race featuring the the top pro mod teams in the country on a national event track with great air and track conditions.

will this happen?? don't know. but do know we will do our best to try to make it happen. to make this happen we will have to act quick. if interested in helping make this great event happen as a sponsor. volunteer or organizer please step up...we need the help! this post pertains to the pro mod class for the moment then we will move on down the line with 10.5 & drag radial. I just need opinions on a few items such as....

for shakedown promod should we separate blower & nitrious cars?

the race would be run with ADRL type rules with no min weight and no restriction on power.

please mark your calender oct 4 & 5...:partyI can be reached at 516 322 8142 or [email protected]. thanks!

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 classes at this time....since event went to a 2 day format we are looking into an 8.50 index class race. 3 qualifyers on sat eliminatioins on sunday. 4 32 car fields is the plan for the moment.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
4 classes at this time....since event went to a 2 day format we are looking into an 8.50 index class race. 3 qualifyers on sat eliminatioins on sunday. 4 32 car fields is the plan for the moment.

:cool:8.50 would be awesome!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
if your going to run it like adrl . would you let the pro extreme motorcycles run .i know a bunch of guys that would show up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey Dave you should contact some of those ADRL teams about coming to the Shakedown since they just canceled there event in Oklahoma the same weekend. I don't know how many of those teams will run in the 1/4 though. Just an idea

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all shakedown classes run on 1/4 mile.

no plans for bikes this year since we are thinking about 8.50 class but it is something we will try to work on for next year?

as for the pro mod stuff we would def need the support of the pro mod world...i will list the names of some of the top promods in the world....if anybody on the bullet can help me get thru to some of these teams it would be greatly appreciated...remember the goal here is the finally host a national event type pro mod event along with our other classes. can you imagine the having the quickest pro mods, 10.5 , heavy street and drag radial cars under the roof in the same weekend?? sick! here are names...i will post 3 new names everyday on this thread...if you know the guy and can make a call let me know...

Jason Scruggs ( can he run a full 1/4 and take 1/4 et record)
Joshua Hernandez (#1 in 1/4 mile & #2 in 1/8) we need him!
Mike Janis (one of the biggest names in the pro mod world)

anybody tight with these guys?

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Some of your hard hitting nitrous guys
Billy George/Dan Parker
Johnny Pilcher
Keith Baker
Shannon Jenkins
Billy Harper
Dennis Radford
Ricky Smith
Randy Weatherford
Jim Hasley(of course)

·
Registered
334 Posts
nitrous & blowers should be seperate. wouldnt you rather see 6 second bikes rather than a 8.50 bracket race. i thought they called you cycle dave?????

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
nitrous & blowers should be seperate. wouldnt you rather see 6 second bikes rather than a 8.50 bracket race. i thought they called you cycle dave?????
Damn... Beatin up on the 8.50 racers.;)We put on a Hell of a show too:supz:

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dude i do luv bikes...but adding more than one class in a given year can hurt ya...the 8.50 guys have waited there turn and have been patient with us...i say lets give them a shot then revisit the issue next year. will you still come to hang out?

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some of your hard hitting nitrous guys
Billy George/Dan Parker
Johnny Pilcher
Keith Baker
Shannon Jenkins
Billy Harper
Dennis Radford
Ricky Smith
Randy Weatherford
Jim Hasley(of course)

would be great to have all these players...would also be great to separate the classes for this deal.

·
Registered
334 Posts
wouldnt miss it for nothin . going any way to help out outlaw gto. dont forget about it for next year. thanx .nothin against 8.50 just wanted to race there.:smt071

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seprating the classes seams like a GREAT idea but dont you think its a little to late to organize it that way

thanks...nah its not too late...its all about the money....dude my
fingers are bleeding from being on the key board and phone raising money for all the classes...if we can land that a big sponsor we can make it happen...

also, next post, tell outlaw gto I said hi and hope to see him out there testing soon.

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
all shakedown classes run on 1/4 mile.

no plans for bikes this year since we are thinking about 8.50 class but it is something we will try to work on for next year?

as for the pro mod stuff we would def need the support of the pro mod world...i will list the names of some of the top promods in the world....if anybody on the bullet can help me get thru to some of these teams it would be greatly appreciated...remember the goal here is the finally host a national event type pro mod event along with our other classes. can you imagine the having the quickest pro mods, 10.5 , heavy street and drag radial cars under the roof in the same weekend?? sick! here are names...i will post 3 new names everyday on this thread...if you know the guy and can make a call let me know...

Jason Scruggs ( can he run a full 1/4 and take 1/4 et record)
Joshua Hernandez (#1 in 1/4 mile & #2 in 1/8) we need him!
Mike Janis (one of the biggest names in the pro mod world)

anybody tight with these guys?
they have them at Orlando?? Super pro street= pro mod with weight.....:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts