Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I currentely have would like to know what I can use and what will need to be replaced.

Edelbrock victor 7721 212 intake 162 ex. 46 cc chambers
Dart block 4.125 bore 9.5 deck.
eagle 4inch stroke crank 4340 Hbeam rods.
Super victor intake.
pro systems 950 carb.

I would appreciate any help thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't know what the power levels of different prochargers is, but I would like to be able to run in the low 5's.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I really don't know what the power levels of different prochargers is, but I would like to be able to run in the low 5's.
If you go with an F1-C you will fit into the Ultimate street classes. Done right, you could see low 5's. 5.20s possibly teens or 0s
If you go with the F1-R you will be limited to Outlaw 275 classes but 5.0s won't be a problem.

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts
You will probably hear multiple opinions on this.

An F-1R will put you in the low 5's pretty easily, and an F-2 will go faster than 5.0's, but can be detuned to easily run low 5's.

Of the stuff in your combo, I would be concerned with the crank first. Some get by with eagle stuff, but there will be a lot of strain on the crank snout. You probably need to go to a billet crank. A good crank can save the rest of your stuff.

There are some people running S/C combos at these speeds with Eagle H-beams, but a billet steel rod or aluminum would be better. Can you get by? yes, but a failure will be more expensive than new rods.

I would talk to Patrick about the suitability of his carb for blow through.

You may want to consider CSU or C&S for a carb or switch to EFI, again if the money is there.

The heads, if ported pretty well should do well. The intake should also be fine.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You may want to get a copy of the basics of procharging video Steve Morris did. It will tell you about the different size superchargers and drive setups as well as give you some good pointers on how to setup the fuel system among other things.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
You may want to get a copy of the basics of procharging video Steve Morris did. It will tell you about the different size superchargers and drive setups as well as give you some good pointers on how to setup the fuel system among other things.
X2......it can save you some mistake$ and make you more comfortable about your direction and basic concerns.

Blessings...........Ron.

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
I will give you a tip that may save you alot of money and headaches . Put in the best piston pin you can fit into your application. I found this blunder that I made after I already had my motor built. Thankfully I caught it in time and had Steve morris solved the problem with some custom Diamond pistons ,Oliver rods and some very strong piston pins that are H13 tool steel. The pins I had were .150 wall 5115 low carbon pins . I believe Steve installed .250 wall pins. Could be the difference from having a good motor to having a grenade. Good luck with the build !!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the responces was not sure about my heads with the small combustion chamber. I kind of figured I would need a better crank . What kind of compression ratio do I need to shoot for? Does Steve Morris have a web site?

Glen, I figured you would be in Valdosta this weekend.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
thanks for all the responces was not sure about my heads with the small combustion chamber. I kind of figured I would need a better crank . What kind of compression ratio do I need to shoot for? Does Steve Morris have a web site?

You'll get alot of different answers on this one. ;)

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts

Wanted too, but pulling the motor for freshening this weekend....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You will need a very large dish for this, something along the lines of 40cc-45cc. That wasn't measured, just a rough estimate from what I have done with those small chambers. I would aim for no more than 9.1 static compression. Lowest I run is 8.1 but mainly aim for 8.75-1... x3 on the pin. Straightwall, tool steel, .225"-.250" wall. Casidium coated is nice, but BUX..lol. I also don't like the Eagle for this. I would go with Callies or Lunati Pro Series with a Big block snout and double key way and use a crank support. Heads will need to be fully gone through, especially on the exhaust. A well prepped Super Vic is nice, and the carb I would have Pat build you a Blow through based off his 1,000 hp 4150. I would run a large tube header as well. I would start with a 2" and step it. Cam should be designed for the amount of boost you want to run as well as the rpm. Using the F1R you should have no problem achieveing your goal. A good billet steel rod will work, I just prefer aluminum from MGP for this.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, for all the info car is up and running now on nitrous I am going to start gathering up parts and build it over the winter I would rather be racing for now.I am sure I will have many more questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts