More Locations (7) WHO MAY APPLY:

United States Citizens SECURITY CLEARANCE:

Public Trust - Background InvestigationSUPERVISORY STATUS:

No

·
Registered
29,527 Posts
All the free drugs and guns you want..

That job is now just collecting the stray kids that are being pushed over the boarder.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Please note...

That's NOT Border Patrol in the current linked vacancy announcement. That's CBP OFO. Those are the Customs guys working ports of entry that wear blue.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Can I shoot first and ask questions later?

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,811 Posts
Like all government jobs, if you're not a black female you have about a 1% chance of landing that job.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Getting one of those jobs is tougher than you'd think. Ex-military gets preference, which uses up most available positions. Wouldn't be a bad gig if you can stay out of Arizona.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
FHRITP
50,868 Posts
Gotta be bilingual, or pass the test that says you ARE teachable. My app got to that point, and I couldn't pass that test. Guess I can't speaky Spanish! It worked though, make waaaaaaay more and don't get shot at

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Getting one of those jobs is tougher than you'd think. Ex-military gets preference, which uses up most available positions. Wouldn't be a bad gig if you can stay out of Arizona.
CBP OFO as listed in the link here is a very solid job. It's far less physical than actual Border Patrol work, though. With OT and the pay grade bumps, one should make close to $100k after about three-four years on the job, depending upon what area of the country they're sent to (the scale varies based on locality).

All of these jobs are very competitive. When you're hired on, you're usually something like the 1 in 1,000 applicants that got the spot you put in for.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts